Department: Ascension Data Science Institute Schedule: Full time / Monday - Friday / Days Location: Remote
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Various health insurance options & wellness plans
- Retirement benefits including employer match plans
- Long-term & short-term disability
- Employee assistance programs (EAP)
- Parental leave & adoption assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Ways to give back to your community
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for leading and overseeing our data science team in driving data-driven insights and solutions across the organization. You will play a crucial role in developing and implementing advanced analytical techniques, machine learning models, and statistical methods to optimize business processes, enhance decision-making, and drive innovation. Additionally, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify business challenges and opportunities where data science can provide valuable solutions.
- Manages activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives. Set performance goals and conduct regular performance evaluations for data science team members. Provide constructive feedback and recognize achievements.
- Provide strong leadership and mentorship to the data science team, fostering a collaborative and high-performing work environment. Guide and support team members in their professional growth and skill development.
- Develop and execute a data science strategy aligned with the company’s overall goals and objectives. Identify opportunities to leverage data science for strategic decision-making and improved clinical and operational efficiency.
- Oversee the analysis, development, and implementation of sophisticated data models, algorithms, and statistical techniques to extract insights and patterns from complex datasets.
- Identifies, defines, directs and performs project issue analysis to resolve issues, including analysis of technical and economic feasibility of proposed data solution.
- Drive the adoption and application of machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to enhance products, services, and business processes managing complex machine learning pipelines; from raw data acquisitions to merging and normalizing to sophisticated feature engineering development to model execution.
- Lead and manage multiple data science projects with broad implications for the business and/or the future architecture, successfully addressing cross-technology and cross-platform issues.
- Serves as a technical consultant and translates highly technical information to numerous audiences, including senior management, the user community, and less-experienced staff.
- High School diploma equivalency with 2 years of cumulative experience OR Associate’s degree/Bachelor’s degree OR 4 years of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other quantitative field; with some evidence of ML related work.
- Proficiency in one or more SQL database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.
- Experience experimenting, evaluating, tracking performance, and deploying production Machine Learning (ML) models with: TensorFlow, XGBoost, Spark ML, or Scikit Learn.
- 5 years of coding experience in one or more of the following languages: R or Python. Comfortable using Github for version control of code.
- Experience working with production ML systems in the cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP). GCP preferred.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension associates are key to our commitment of transforming healthcare and providing care to all, especially those most in need. Join us and help us drive impact through reimagining how we can deliver a people-centered healthcare experience and creating the solutions to do it. Explore career opportunities across our ministry locations and within our corporate headquarters.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.