Your tasks and responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- Develop code in multiple programming languages (e.g., Python, R, etc.).
- Support mining of process data from IT systems and databases o Develop workflows for mining, pre processing and visualization of data.
- Evaluate and apply different machine learning methods.
- Interact with DSS members to support activities and projects in the areas of bioprocess monitoring, root cause analysis, process understanding and process improvements.
- Communicate outcome of development activities to the team.
- Document project outcome in a short technical report.
Who you are:
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a undergraduate or graduate program with a preferred focus in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, (Bio)Statistics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal professionally with internal customers of various organizational levels
- Ability to work effectively within the team and cross-functionally
- Good organization, documentation, prioritization and scheduling skills together with an overall desire to learn
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Ability to learn new technical topics
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office with beginner level proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint Interest in machine learning applications (some experience is preferred)
- Programming experience in multiple languages/environments (such as Python, R, etc.)
- Familiarity or experience with cloud (i.e., AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) environments (preferred)
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.