Data Science ManagerFull time
Fab Sort Manufacturing (FSM) is responsible for the production of all Intel silicon using some of the world’s most advanced manufacturing processes in fabs in Arizona, Ireland, Israel, Oregon and 2 new greenfield sites in Ohio and Germany. As part of Intel’s IDM2.0 strategy, FSM is rapidly expanding its operation to deliver output for both internal and foundry customers with state-of-the-art technologies arriving in high-volume manufacturing at a 2-year cadence going forward. Intel recently created HVM Global Yield organization in FSM to strengthen its yield operation and enable fast-paced yield ramp-up in early HVM phases for each technology in collaboration with Technology Development team and FSM fab managers.
This job requisition is to seek Data Science (DS) manager in FSM HVM Global Yield organization, reporting to Director of Yield Analysis and Data Science (YA and DS). The selected candidate will build and lead a team in HVM Global Yield organization and work with other leaders in the org, fab module/yield managers and TD leaders to support yield ramp-up and process optimization in early production stage, supporting internal and external customers.
Data Science Manager responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Build and lead Data Science Team with data analysis and machine learning experts in FSM HVM Global Yield organization to execute HVM yield roadmap.
- Identify valuable data sources and set automated data collection process to build and manage the dataset used for yield analysis.
- Processing of structured and unstructured data, and building predictive models and machine learning algorithms.
- Work with Yield Modeling team to develop new yield analysis methods and algorithms to deliver world class yield analytics and machine-learning solutions in high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Collaborate with Technology Development, Program Managers, Process Integration, Device Integration and Defect teams to identify yield and performance detractors and enhancement opportunities and support fast paced yield ramp-up in high-volume manufacturing phase.
- Support development of models to predict production line yield accurately in early stage of Si progression and deliver proposals to benefit production yield.
- Develop model and algorithms to improve and automate process control minimizing yield loss associated with tight process window.
- Support technical interactions with internal and external customers.
Candidate should possess the following behavioral skills:
- Problem-solving and project/program management experience with strong self-initiative and self-learning capabilities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to perform at leadership role including influencing, engaging, and motivating.
- Proven track record of working across organization through matrix structures in order to accomplish strategic objectives with conflicting priorities.
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science or engineering area.
- 5+ years of experience in advanced node semiconductor industry in yield analysis and data science.
- 3+ years' of leadership experience to manage and direct an organization of 5+ data analysis engineers in fast-paced high-volume semiconductor manufacturing environment to drive yield, technology, quality output and cost.
- 3+ years' experience in program languages and big data to develop a new analysis method and algorithms using large amount of fab data. Expertise in big data analysis and machine-learning.
- 2+ years' experience in Device Physics and overall FinFET process flow.
- Ph.D. in science or engineering area.
- Experience in serving external Foundry customers through technical interactions.
- Experience in new semiconductor technology development
- Basic understanding on module processes including lithography, dry etch, wet etch, CMP, diffusion, implant, thin films and metrology.
Inside this Business Group
As the world’s largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art – from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance. Benefits
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.