Summer Data Science Intern 2024Full time
Do you have a passion for data? Are you matriculating in a Master’s or PhD program? Amazon is looking for driven data science students with strong modeling skills who are comfortable owning and executing data. To be successful in this internship, you will need the ability to develop, automate, and run analytical models for our systems. During this internship, you will build tools and support structures needed to analyze and dive deep into data to resolve systems errors and changes. You will have the ability to present your findings to our business partners and help drive improvements.
Previous applicants demonstrated the aptitude to manage medium-scale modeling projects, identified requirements, and built methodology/tools that were statistically grounded.
For more information on the Amazon Science community please visit https://www.amazon.science
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations: Arlington, VA, USA | Bellevue, WA, USA | New York, NY, USA | Santa Monica, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- Enrolled in a Master’s degree or equivalent in math, statistics, computer science, or related science field.
- Experience with regression modeling, prediction, forecasting, and time series analysis.
- Experience with data scripting languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
- Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, C++, C, etc.).
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data.
- Enrolled in a Ph.D. degree or equivalent in math, statistics, computer science, or related science field.
- Experience in machine-learning methodologies (e.g., supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, etc.)
- Experience with clustered data processing (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, and Hive).
- Experience in communicating technically, at a level appropriate for the audience.
Amazon has positions available for Data Science Interns located in but not limited to Arlington, VA; Bellevue, WA; New York, NY; Santa Monica, CA; Seattle, WA.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles and San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $41.68/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $88.94/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.