Do you have a passion for data? Are you matriculating in a Master’s or PhD program? Amazon is looking for driven data science students with strong modeling skills who are comfortable owning and executing data. To be successful in this internship, you will need the ability to develop, automate, and run analytical models for our systems. During this internship, you will build tools and support structures needed to analyze and dive deep into data to resolve systems errors and changes. You will have the ability to present your findings to our business partners and help drive improvements.
Previous applicants demonstrated the aptitude to manage medium-scale modeling projects, identified requirements, and built methodology/tools that were statistically grounded.
For more information on the Amazon Science community please visit https://www.amazon.science
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Toronto, ON, CAN | Vancouver, BC, CAN
- Enrolled in a Master’s degree or equivalent in math, statistics, computer science, or related science field.
- Experience with regression modeling, prediction, forecasting, and time series analysis.
- Experience with data scripting languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
- Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, C++, C, etc.).
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data.
- Enrolled in a Ph.D. degree or equivalent in math, statistics, computer science, or related science field.
- Experience in machine-learning methodologies (e.g., supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, etc.)
- Experience with clustered data processing (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, and Hive).
- Experience in communicating technically, at a level appropriate for the audience.
Amazon has positions available for Data Science Interns located in but not limited to Toronto, CAN; Vancouver B.C., CAN.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.#