AI/Data Science Eng IFull time
It thrills you to discover new things from uninformative raw data. Be part of a Data team focused on transforming how chronic disease is managed through application of modern data science & engineering application solutions, catering to both your engineering mentality and desire to make a difference in world. With access to large amounts of related data, you will help create data solutions that simplify chronic disease care and improve clinical outcomes.
Medtronic Diabetes is focused on transforming diabetes care for better freedom and great health, serving patients across the continuum of diabetes. Our goal is to become a holistic diabetes management company focused on making a real difference in outcomes and cost. We want to transform healthcare toward value-based models by driving both product and business model innovation with the goal of elevating patient experience, improving clinical outcomes and lowering the total cost of care for our customers. Data driven applications and you would be central to making this happen.
A Day in the Life
- Use Python and SQL to derive novel insights from vast amounts of medical device data (CGM, Insulin pumps & pens, Meter BG).
- Build PowerBI dashboards to visualize population-level statistics about the performance of our products in the real-world.
- Write production-level code to automate and operationalize internal processes across Medtronic diabetes.
- Design, implement, test and deploy state-of-the-art machine learning models in a production environment.
- Work closely with the engineering team to operationalize infrastructure for data science algorithms.
- Keep up to date with the latest techniques and approaches in machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Ability to communicate analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and communicates descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive insights about the performance of our devices in the real-world.
- Uses machine language and statistical modeling techniques such as decision trees, logistic regression, Bayesian analysis and others to develop and evaluate algorithms to improve product performance, quality, data management and accuracy.
- Uses SQL and Python to translate algorithms and technical specifications into code.
- Completes programming and implements efficiencies, performs testing and debugging.
- Can work with large scale computing frameworks, data analysis systems and modeling environments.
Must Have - Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s with 2+ years of experience, Master’s with 0+ years of experience. Degree must be in Statistics, Math, Computer Science or related engineering or sciences field.
- Experience in Python, R or similar data-science scripting language
- Experience with statistical modelling
- Experience in using SQL for advanced data analysis and visualization
Nice to have:
- Strong track record in building machine learning models using real-world large datasets, that work in production with positive outcomes
- Prior experience with Spark and the AWS stack
- Experience with Tensorflow or H20.AI framework
- Proficient in relational database management systems with knowledge of non-relational database systems
- Background in healthcare & diabetes physiology
- Understanding of FDA regulations including (ISO) 13485
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
Salary range: 95200 - 142800