Senior Principal, Data ScientistFull time
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Senior Principal, Data Scientist to join our core Revenue Marketing & Analytics team. In this role you will be a key contributor to our overall marketing analytics strategy to integrate with advanced analytics projects across the marketing organization.
- Nurture and leverage relationships with key marketing data and analytics thought leaders, influencers and key strategic customers and partners to help increase market awareness about Teradata.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive data analytics strategy for internal marketing initiatives, ensuring data quality, consistency, and compliance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define data requirements for marketing campaigns and AI product development.
- Identify and source relevant data sets to enrich our marketing efforts and AI solutions.
- Oversee the integration of external data sources with internal data assets to create a unified view of customer data.
- Implement data pipelines and ETL processes to ensure timely and accurate data availability.
- Collaborate closely with the sales and business development teams to create targeted marketing campaigns.
- Establish and nurture relationships with key stakeholders to drive business growth.
- Utilize data analytics tools and techniques to derive actionable insights from marketing data.
- Develop and deliver regular reports and dashboards to track the performance of marketing campaigns and AI solutions.
- Provide data-driven recommendations for optimizing marketing strategies and user experiences.
- Build trust and collaborate with a high-performing team of data professionals, including data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers.
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision-making and continuous improvement within the team.
- Mentor and develop team members to enhance their skills and capabilities.
Who You’ll Work With
As a Senior Principal, Data Scientist, you will play a pivotal role in our Marketing Analytics team contributing to the strategic management of data for internal marketing related to BI and Data Science Analytics solutions in collaboration with other marketing functions.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- 7+ years of relevant experience in data strategy, data governance, strategic planning, project management, digital marketing analytics, business intelligence, machine learning, and artificial intelligence with an emphasis on leadership, and engaging global and local stakeholders.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in engineering management, computer science, marketing, data science & analytics, econometrics, or other applied mathematical discipline.
- Proficiency in data analytics tools, data visualization, and database management systems.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to evolving business needs.
What You’ll Bring
- Technical background or clear understanding of developer products; familiarity with Teradata, PowerBI, Python, Tableau, and SQL.
- Experience with enterprise Software-as-a-Service offerings a plus.
- Experience supporting an Integrated GTM motions that includes sales, channel and services partners, strategic alliances, and technology eco-systems.
- Proven track record in building, getting buy-in and executing marketing plans, and staying focused on “getting it done” in a fast-moving, technical environment.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving startup environment.
- Proven experience being self-directed and working with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience building credibility with and delivering results for product teams, sales teams, and customers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Uses data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development.
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Pay Rate: $128,000.00 - $161,000.00 - $193,000.00 Annually
Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on geographic location, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and candidate experience. Learn more about Teradata’s competitive Total Rewards package at https://www.teradata.com/About-Us/Careers/Benefits#