What you’ll do…
Walmart’s CENTROID org is transforming the future of Walmart’s omnichannel supply chain strategy. Our team of industry-leading experts, consultants, and technologists combine exceptional strategic thinking with data science and advanced analytics to solve the world’s most complex supply chain challenges at Walmart’s scale.
Our mission is to design a supply chain that leverages Walmart’s unique advantages to provide a wide product assortment, offer the lowest costs, and build cutting-edge capabilities through transformative initiatives. We’re looking for extraordinary supply chain talent with top-notch quantitative abilities, critical thinking skills, and business acumen to propel Walmart through the next 50 years of excellence and innovation.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager II to lead a team that is focused on creating initiatives for future strategies across Walmart’s omnichannel supply chain. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role within the organization with expectations to deliver immediate results. In this role, you’ll primarily be responsible for creating a long-term strategy and transformative path for Walmart’s rapidly growing omnichannel business.
- Manage and execute entire projects from start to finish, including cross-functional project management, data collection and manipulation, analysis and modeling, and the communication of insights and recommendations.
- Build scalable and complex supply chain models and processes to optimize supply chain strategies with the goal of delivering an excellent customer experience while balancing operating cost and asset efficiency.
- Develop strong relationships with Walmart functional areas to identify best practices, solicit input/data, coordinate interdisciplinary initiatives, and gather support for recommendations.
- Identify areas of opportunity and influence execution of results via cross-functional participation to enable quick wins and continuous improvement.
- Obtain alignment from relevant business partners and management support for projects and lead discussions to drive change.
- Effectively organize, assemble, and use all available resources when given a project to ensure success.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Bring a high degree of originality and creativity when developing solutions to improve existing business processes within the supply chain, utilizing methods such as statistical analysis, regression modeling, and optimization.
- Are adept at dealing with ambiguity and making independent decisions about what data and approach is best for the task at hand.
- Excel in communicating with individuals and groups at all levels of an organization.
- Have experience leading a team of exceptionally supply chain practitioners and data scientists.
- 8 - 10 years of supply chain optimization models.
- 4 - 6 years of supervisory experience.
Potential projects include:
- Create models to analyze the Supply Chain network needed to support future sales growth with scenario modeling capabilities to understand the sensitivity to multiple variables; opening, closing, or repurposing distribution centers; conduct scenario analysis to evaluate multiple networks designs and impact to customer experience and cost to serve.
- Develop Inventory Planning and Distribution strategy to optimize cost to serve and improve customer experience and stock availability with a tiered storage network and dynamic real-time distribution network.
- Develop optimization logic and a tool to determine truckload lane strategy for outbound transportation, balancing cost and SLA requirements.
- MBA, MS, or PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or Supply Chain Management
- Experience with large dataset mining tools and open-source programming tools (e.g., R, Python, HiveQL, Spark)
- Experience with network modeling tools (e.g., Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru), network optimization, and long-range planning
- Extensive experience or knowledge of supply chain domains and related information systems — distribution/transportation, sourcing, planning, manufacturing, and inventory management
- Retail industry experience
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam’s Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor’s degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J.
The annual salary range for this position is $143,000.00-$286,000.00 Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives. Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
- Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5 years' experience in an analytics related field.
- Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field.
- Option 3: 7 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Supervisory experience, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)