Veho is the post-purchase experience company that unlocks the potential of everyday consumers and brands to fully participate in e-commerce. Building an entirely new end-to-end logistics infrastructure, powered by the latest technology and designed for the modern era of shopping, Veho is reinventing shipping, and all parts of the post-purchase experience as we know it. By removing the pain from delivery and returns, Veho is creating powerful opportunities for brands to engage and build deep loyalty with their customers like never before.
About The Role
As a Senior Data Science Manager, you’ll lead a team to define, build, and operate sophisticated models to solve challenging marketplace problems in real-time. Your work will be critical in determining how we build, price, and sell our routes to drivers and will have significant business and financial impact. You’ll partner with product managers to understand high-value business problems, build systems that inform daily operations, and work with cutting-edge technology. You’ll work closely with your team to operationalize the models you build in the production systems that drive Veho.
- Understanding business context and gathering requirements
- Proactively identify the most impactful opportunities to shape product roadmaps via collaboration with major business units
- Coordinate the team to build reliable, efficient, and scalable models for our AI/ML capabilities
- Creating robust data pipelines to feed analyses and models
- Ensuring data quality and data integrity through best practices in data integration
- Analyze and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of models in production systems
- Lead and develop a small team of Data Scientists as well as hire and grow your team
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 8 years of experience in data science or data engineering, or Master’s Degree plus 5 years in data science, Or PhD plus 3 years of experience in Data Science
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of data scientists and/or machine learning engineers
- Experience scoping and leveraging statistical modeling and machine learning techniques to solve business problems
- Experience leading end-to-end, real-time machine learning and data science projects
- Strong communication skills
- At least 3 years of experience with open source languages and tooling used for large-scale data analytics like Python, NumPy, and/or distributed data processing systems like spark
- At least 3 years of experience with analytical relational databases like Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake
- At least 3 years of experience working with cloud-based data engineering and data science tools.
- Experience with MLOps and model deployment pipelines
- Experience with logistics and or the gig economy is nice to have, but not required
- Experience with combinatorial optimization methods is nice to have but not required
$210,000 - $235,000 a year
The base salary range for this position is $210,000-$235,000 and will be dependent upon a number of factors, such as education, work experience, skills and location. Additionally, Veho offers a competitive equity package, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage as well as other benefits such as 401k and unlimited PTO.
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.