Job Description And Responsibilities
Visa is looking to hire a Senior Manager, Data Science to lead the development of business insights into the innovation economy based on big data. In this role you will:
- Mine existing Visa data and create and develop business methods to develop fresh insights, track and communicate performance and industry change drivers.
- Proactively engage with Visa Insights and Innovation and Visa Business and Economic insights on ensuring that the research program advances and aligns with their strategic and operational needs.
- Build innovative solutions and collaborate with partners across Visa’s global organization to build Visa’s thought leadership in Innovation and the economy.
- Manage cross-functional resources to build a close working partnership with other internal stakeholders in each market and region.
You must have strong technical depth and experience in application of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Data Science techniques. On top of that, you should also have a genuine interest in innovation, entrepreneurship, and the economy. We will rely on your leadership to establish a roadmap and vision as this team engages in existing and new emerging areas.
- Provide technical leadership in a team that generates business insights based on big data, identify actionable recommendations, and communicate the findings to clients
- Work with internal/external clients to understand their strategic business questions and lead project scoping/design to answer those questions by leveraging Visa’s data
- Be an out-of-the-box thinker who is passionate about brainstorming innovative ways to use our unique data to answer business problems
- Communicate with clients to understand the challenges they face and convince them with data
- Extract and understand data to form an opinion on how to best help our clients and derive relevant insights
- Develop visualizations to make your complex analyses accessible to a broad audience
- Find opportunities to craft products out of analyses that are suitable for multiple clients
- Leverage big data and cutting-edge data mining techniques, provide thought leadership in analytic techniques and business applications to unlock the value of Visa’s unique data set
- Synthesize ideas/proposals in writing and engage in productive discussions with external or internal stakeholders
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product, marketing techniques and business strategies for Visa and its clients
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, data insights, advertising targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Broad knowledge across the entire data science lifecycle, including data engineering, statistics and governance
- Provide guidance in modern analytic techniques and business applications to unlock the value of Visa’s unique data set, in keeping with market trends, client needs and emerging techniques
- Organize and manage multiple data science projects with diverse cross-functional stakeholders
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- Minimum of 6+ years of analytical experience in applying solutions to business problems in relevant fields such as analytics, business consulting, or other data-driven functions
- Post Graduate degree in quantitative/relevant field such as Statistics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Business Administration, etc.
- Expert knowledge of databases and engineering concepts with hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as Hive/R/SQL/Python/SAS
- Experience with extracting and aggregating data from large data sets using SQL or other tools
- Competence in Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau
- Familiarity or experience with data mining and statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Experience in managing analytics/data science projects from scoping to delivery
- Articulate communicator able to translate data and technical concepts for a business audience
- Experience with managing project teams and providing direction and thought leadership Previous exposure to financial services, credit cards or merchant analytics is a plus, but not required
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 153,900.00 to 200,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.