Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
This is a hands-on senior manager role – expected to be able to manage 2-3 junior data scientists while also serving as a technical leader and driving forward independent contribution.
As a senior manager, you will:
- Direct activities of data scientists, providing guidance, mentorship, and performance management to drive excellence in data science projects and deliverables.
- Define data science strategies, methodologies, and best practices to solve complex healthcare challenges and drive innovation.
- Counsel the team in data exploration, analysis, and modeling techniques to derive actionable insights and inform healthcare decision-making processes.
- Direct activities of data science projects, including resource allocation, budget management, and timeline adherence, ensuring successful project execution.
- Advise senior leadership and stakeholders on data-driven strategies and solutions, providing insights and recommendations based on data analysis.
- Collaborate with multiple departments, including clinicians, data engineers, marketing, etc. to define project objectives, scope, and deliverables.
- Manage team performance through regular, timely feedback as well as the formal performance review process to ensure delivery of exceptional services and engagement, motivation, and team development.
- Deliver a culture of learning and growth within the data science team, fostering collaboration, knowledge sharing, and professional development opportunities.
- 8+ years of data analytics experience
- 5+ years of experience in technical programming fundamentals in either SQL, Python or comparable software
- 2+ years supervisory/leadership experience Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
- Adept at problem solving and decision-making skills
- Adept at execution + delivery; anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Attention to detail and consistent delivery of high-quality work
- Experience with using cloud-based tools (Google, AWS, Azure) for analytics and model development
- Healthcare sector experience preferred
- Experience with deploying models and maintaining models in production using ML Ops workflow
Bachelors; Masters or PhD Preferred
The typical pay range for this role is:
$132,250.00 – $260,000.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above. This position also includes an award target in the company’s equity award program.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through ColleagueRelations@CVSHealth.com If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.