Working at Atlassian
Atlassians have flexibility in where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We’re looking for a senior manager to lead a high-performing team with a passion to solve business problems with advanced analytics. You and your team will be the strategic partners with senior business leaders, identify opportunities and problems, test hypotheses, build analytics and data science solutions, and surface insights to lead transformative changes.
Locations: Austin, United States | Manila , Remote | San Francisco, United States | Mountain View, United States | New York, United States | Washington DC, United States
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable, explainable, and competitive compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate’s skills, expertise, or experience. In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $201,300 - $268,400
Zone B: $181,200 - $241,600
Zone C: $167,100 - $222,800
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
What you’ll do
- You will lead a team of 7 data scientists that are focused on migration of Atlassian customers to Cloud and accelerating the adoption of Atlassian Cloud products.
- You will be a people manager with a background in data engineering, data science, analytics, applied statistics, economics or a related quantitative field.
- Partner with senior leaders to identify business opportunities and build Indicators.
- Partner with multiple teams to lead transformative projects and make impact.
- Build shared vision, empower the team, and deliver high quality outcomes.
- Create intuitive analytics insights, build data science solutions, and measure the impact.
- Manage roadmaps, sprint planning, partner engagement, and remove blockers when needed.
- Advocate team’s work and coach data storytelling.
- 10+ years experience in analytics and data science field
- Experience as a people manager
- Success at managing global and remote teams
- Prior experience in migrations to Cloud is a plus
- Success at building a culture of data-informed decision-making, fast learning, and new ideas
- Strong technical background in statistics, measurement, experimentation, modeling, SQL, R/Python, data instrumentation
- Experience applying advanced analytics knowledge to the real world
- Roadmap planning, sprint planning, and project management skills