Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the AIML group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health, operations. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is crucial to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success.
- 2+ years in financial business planning, operations and/or FP&A
- 3+ years of cloud services and platforms, with exposure to large-scale internet services, cloud and/or infrastructure.
- Proven experience in building highly scalable, compliant, and secure, enterprise-grade data and analytics platforms with robust data quality, data governance, data discovery, catalog and visualization capabilities.
- Proven experience in using data for actionable insights.
- Ability to quickly build relationships and partner cross-functionally at all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with standard end-to-end financial processes such as forecast, close, analysis, and reporting
- Success leading multiple activities, projects, priorities, and people in a dynamic, fast-growing, and results-driven environment
- Comfortable applying fundamental accounting principles
- Independent, self-motivated, and exhibits the highest standards of accuracy and organization skills
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills required
- Ability to gain an understanding of the functionality of various systems
- Experience and knowledge in SQL, Python, and Tableau
- Outstanding attention-to-detail and organizational skills
Apple’s AIML org is seeking an outgoing goal-oriented finance professional with an analytic mind to join our growing team. This team works alongside Finance and FP&A teams to support AIML business and engineering teams. As the AIML Operations Financial Analyst you will have the outstanding ability to participate in all aspects of FinOps including deep dives into 3PC analytics and driving prioritization in GPU/TPU spend across the organization.
We are expecting the person to drive weekly review utilization rate and provide financial trends and outreach to customers using ODCR/Guaranteed resources in AWS to provide financial ODCR usage insights to enable users and remove blockers from using guaranteed resources. The candidate will help design a process to optimize the allocation of H100 / A100 / TPU from financial perspective and a weekly forecast / trend analysis to provide a demand signal to business partners. Help with ISP proposal / GCP CUD pricing scenario and sensitivity analysis, provide an insight into cost observability to drive cost savings across AIML by building rank-based heat-map scorecard to help with prioritization and allocation to make supply side decision and commit risk analysis. The person should help with monthly forecast on foundation model with supply/chain constraint environment. We are expecting person to help with technical accounting on capitalization plan. Deliver insights on the AIML spend by service and overall trends related to infrastructure cost spend. Bring transparency and accountability to the AIML FY budget, build show back and chargeback models and pricing related to infra cost model.
Education & Experience
Graduate degree or equivalent experience required in Business (with quantitative emphasis), Statistics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Analytics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
Pay & Benefits
At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $152,400 and $268,200, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.