About the team
Zillow Group’s acquisition of ShowingTime in 2021 represents the next step forward in the company’s dedication to integrate an improved, more efficient showing process to benefit customers and partners, their clients and the real estate industry as a whole. The new ShowingTime+ organization is a market leader in developing innovative showing management, feedback, offer management, recruiting, transaction management and analytics solutions. Our wide array of products and services are built on technological innovations crafted to bring efficiencies to all users. About the role The Product Analytics team within ShowingTime+ is hiring a Senior Data Scientist to lead analytics to uncover insights to drive both better business decisions and customer experiences across our product portfolio.
You Will Get To:
- Collaborate with team members across product, engineering, marketing, operations, and more to develop evidence based approaches to finding gaps in the customer experience.
- Use advanced analytics including clustering, propensity modeling, statistical knowledge, and other explanatory and causal inference techniques to gain a clearer picture of customer behavior.
- Build compelling data stories and visualizations to influence decision makers.
- Serve as a mentor and resource to other data scientists on the team.
- Design and implement A/B tests, perform regression modeling, and provide recommendations for Showingtime+’s roadmap.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York and Washington the standard base pay range for this role is $140,900.00 - $225,100.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations. In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Who you are
You are ready to bring your data and analytics expertise to transform what it means for the real estate industry to unlock the ability for consumers to dream, search, and find a home. You have an appreciation of the unique challenges posed by business to business product development and go-to-market.
Additionally, we expect you to have:
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, engineering, statistics, finance, or similar)
- 4 - 5+ years of work experience involving quantitative data analysis and complex problem solving. Experience working with product teams strongly preferred.
- A strong understanding of statistical concepts, measurement issues, and inference techniques.
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, and either Python or R, along with some experience with Tableau, Mode, or other visualization software.
- Extensive experience querying multi-terabyte-sized noisy data sets such as clickstream data.
- Experience with ETL pipelines, scheduling and productionalizing is a plus.
- Experience with A/B Testing, Experimentation, or Casual Inference
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionally.
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make home a reality for more and more people.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do helps people get home and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making home a reality for more and more people.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverages as well as parental leave, family benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.