At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives, and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Technology is one of the most important parts of our business. Whether it’s finding and signing new artists, helping artists use the latest AI tools, or helping the business make thoughtful decisions with data-driven insights, technology plays an invaluable role in our success. The Data Science team at Warner Music Group (WMG) helps make all of that a reality.
The Data Science team builds predictive models, clustering and segmentation analyses, and deep learning and generative AI systems to provide actionable insights that drive business growth and to help WMG operate quickly and accurately at scale. Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in model-building and data analysis, along with curiosity and good communication skills.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our complex datasets and interpret them as they relate to understanding our artists, songs, and fans and other new product development
- Build predictive models and generative AI solutions to capture opportunities and solve business problems
- Design production-level (efficient and scalable) models and robust data pipelines to manage the lifecycle of data and model
- Mentor and perform code & design reviews for more junior data scientists
- Collaborate with other members of the Data Science and Engineering teams on ways to approach problems, augment code, and share new techniques
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to define project objectives and deliverables, and to explain your approach, recommendations, and models
- Find opportunities for improvement across the business and assist in decision-making across teams
- 5 or more years of full-time, hands-on experience as a Data Scientist or equivalent
- High degree of proficiency with one of Python or R (preferably Python) and SQL
- Deep understanding of statistical modeling concepts and ML algorithms
- Strong written communication and presentation skills (we have a writing & reading culture)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with cloud computing services or platforms (preferably AWS)
- Experience with both Snowflake and Databricks is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in a quantitative field
Salary Range $140,000 - $185,000 Annually
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.