What you’ll do…
We are looking for a passionate, creative Senior Data Scientist to join Inkiru Data Science team. You will have the unique opportunity to work with massive business and social data generated by Walmart Inc.’s unparalleled online and offline commerce. You will be responsible to use cutting-edge machine learning, data mining, and optimization techniques to design and prototype robust, scalable machine learning models and analytics solutions. You will be a part of a cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Engineers, Product managers, and Business professionals that sit at the intersection of Data Science, Big data, IT infrastructure, and business operations.
The Enterprise People Technology team supports the successful deployment and adoption of new People technology across the enterprise. As a Fortune #1 company, our work impacts millions of associates globally. We strive to continuously improve people technology and products to help managers and associates so they can focus on what matters most - supporting our customers and members. People Technology is one of the major segments of Walmart Global Tech’s Enterprise Business Services, which is invested in building a compact, robust organization that includes service operations and technology solutions for Finance, People, and the Associate Digital Experience.
What you’ll do:
- Be a strategic partner to product development teams, sharing insights and providing recommendations through effective communication and storytelling with data
- Design, build and implement predictive models with high-dimensional, fast moving real time datasets
- Use machine learning, deep learning and data mining techniques to develop robust predictive models for anomaly detection such as account takeover (ATO) risk detection, E-Commerce payment fraud detection, return abuse, and Identity risk assessment
- Design, analyze, and run both simulated and live experiments (A/B and multivariate tests) to drive KPI improvements
- Build data visualizations and interactive dashboards for monitoring and sharing business insights internally and externally. Interested in researching about new methods, tools and techniques to address complex business problems
What you’ll bring:
- Technical expertise in data mining, machine learning, and statistical analysis.
- Proficient in machine learning and data mining packages in Python.
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, or Spark).
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in any STEM field plus three years of related experience.
- Additional Preferred Qualifications
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert’s and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.