Senior Data ScientistFull time
Work with business stakeholders to understand the business requirements and the data available to solve business problems. Build datasets from different sources for data analysis and model development, which will include wrangling, cleaning, and pre-processing data using Hive and BigQuery (GCP). Conduct exploratory data analysis to understand the patterns and potential business insights exhibited in the data (e.g., basic statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, and statistical inferences). Create data visualizations to summarize insights discovered during the data analysis and communicate them to internal team members and business stakeholders. Develop statistical and machine learning models using PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, CV, NLP, Word Embeddings, Topic Modelling, Optimization (Min/Max), and Time Series Forecasting to solve business problems and derive actionable business insights. Identify model evaluation metrics and value realizations driven by the projects using Causal Inference and A/B Testing. Design, implement, productionize, and deploy data science products with consideration of optimality and computation complexity. Work with Machine Learning engineers to test and validate training and production data pipelines. Partner with cross-functional team to streamline data science solutions. Present and influence the team and business audiences using the appropriate frameworks and convey clear messages for business and stakeholder understanding. Write scalable Python code to automate the workflows. Use BigQuery to ensure the speed and accuracy of the solution in the production environment. Maintain operational excellence by maintaining code versions and developing a Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) framework using Git. Maintain quality documentation using JIRA and Confluence.
Minimum education and experience required:
- Master’s degree or the equivalent in Statistics, Economics, Analytics (any), Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 1 year of experience in an analytics related field; OR
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in Statistics, Economics, Analytics (any), Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years of experience in an analytics related field.
- Experience sourcing, cleaning, manipulating, and analyzing large volumes of data using a distributed computing platform.
- Experience developing models with structured and unstructured data sets using the following machine learning algorithms: Ensemble, Regression, and Classification.
- Experience with the following databases: Presto, BigQuery, Hive, Teradata, and SQL.
- Experience using Deep Learning techniques including CNN, BERT, LSTM, CV, Reinforcement Learning, Scikit Learn, Word Embeddings, Topic Modelling, Optimization (Min/Max), and Time Series Forecasting.
- Experience executing Machine Learning model performance assessments using Statistical Measurement, A/B Testing, and Causal Inference.
- Experience coding in scripting language for data science including Python, Bash, and R.
- Experience using big-data techniques: Spark, Spark-SQL, and Sqoop.
- Experience deploying Machine Learning models in production environments.
- Experience with version controlling system Git.
- Experience with statistical concepts: p-value, Confidence interval, and Central Limit Theorem.
- Experience with probability concepts: Conditional Probabilities and Probability Distributions.
Employer will accept any amount of experience with the required skills.
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $170,186/year to $200,000/year. Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives. Additional compensation for certain positions may also include: Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location) and Stock equity incentives.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Our financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with 100% company paid college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.#