Senior Data Scientist (End-to-End)Full time
What you’ll do…
Walmart employees more than 2.3 million employees worldwide, with 1.6 million associates in the U.S. Walmart hires 500,000 applicants a year to fill thousands of job profiles from engineers, designers, marketers to pilots and buyers and promotes more than 300,000 people to jobs of greater responsibility. People.AI team is responsible for developing and deploying AI/ML solutions supporting the Global People function.
The Enterprise People Technology team supports the successful deployment and adoption of new People technology across the enterprise. As a Fortune #1 company, our work impacts millions of associates globally. We strive to continuously improve people technology and products to help managers and associates so they can focus on what matters most - supporting our customers and members. People Technology is one of the major segments of Walmart Global Tech’s Enterprise Business Services, which is invested in building a compact, robust organization that includes service operations and technology solutions for Finance, People, and the Associate Digital Experience.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with a multidisciplinary team.
- Work with data scientists to design, architect, and build AI/ML model and model systems.
- Work with machine learning engineers to deploy, operate, and optimize scalable solutions
- Work with product managers to design user journeys, feedback loop and analyze user telemetry.
- Create opportunities to develop yourself with an end-to-end AI/ML product experience.
- Work with a set of robust work standards to ensure we build trustworthy AI/ML solutions
What you’ll bring:
- Experience with statistical analysis and programming languages e.g. Python and mainstream machine learning frameworks, e.g. TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Expertise in building and deploying machine learning models for real-world applications.
- Experience with model evaluation, optimization, and tuning for performance improvements.
- Ability to lead end-to-end data science projects, from solution design, data collection and preprocessing to model development, validation, and deployment.
- Collaborate with domain experts to define problem statements and translate business objectives into actionable data science solutions.
- Added bonus if you have experience with Large Language Model or creation, maintenance, and utilization of knowledge graphs, working with graph databases such as Neo4j, or similar.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert’s and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master’s degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)