Senior Data ScientistFull time
This job available in locations:
US: Basking Ridge, New Jersey Alpharetta, Georgia Irving, Texas Boston, Massachusetts Ashburn, Virginia Temple Terrace, Florida
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect around the world. We’re a human network that reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together—lifting up our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world forward. If you’re fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence, explore a career with us. Here, you’ll discover the rigor it takes to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the #NetworkLife.
What you’ll be doing…
At Verizon, we are on a multi-year journey to industrialize our data science and AI capabilities. Very simply, this means that AI will fuel all decisions and business processes across the company. At $130B+ in annual revenue, this is a pioneering opportunity to design and shape AI at scale in the Telco industry. With our leadership in bringing the 5G network nationwide, the opportunity for AI will only grow exponentially in going from enabling billions of predictions to possibly trillions of predictions that are automated and real-time. Therefore, an ideal candidate will have a keen passion in delivering AI for good, excellent communication skills, critical thinking above and beyond the technical knowledge and commercial application experience required.
- Partnering closely with business, scientists, engineers and different stakeholders to design and execute experiments to verify model effectiveness.
- Conducting data analysis to make sense of the experiment results and generate insights.
- Communicating findings to diverse technical and non-technical stakeholders with differing perspectives and needs.
- Supporting the effort to continuously mature experiment capabilities and scale up testing throughput.
What we’re looking for…
This is an individual contributor role with technical expertise in machine learning and statistics, experience with implementation of AI in commercial applications to drive better business outcomes, and passion for ensuring AI is used responsibly. This role will focus on improving model resilience through experimentation.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Solid programming skills in SQL and Python.
- Excellent communication & cross-functional collaboration skills to understand business needs and deliver implementations/solutions.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Econometrics, Operations Research, Quantitative Social Science).
- Familiarity with hypothesis testing, sampling, experiment design (e.g. A/B testing, MAB, etc.) and causal inference methods.
- Knowledgeable of commonly used AI/ML techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, ensemble methods etc., and frameworks (Keras, Pytorch, etc.) and libraries/packages/APIs (e.g., Scikit, Pytorch).
- Experience in data ETL from different data sources, at different scales (big data and small data), and of different formats; Cloud computing experience a plus
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
This role is eligible to be considered for the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Where you’ll be working
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.