Senior Data Scientist - Consumer ExperienceFull time
About the Role
The Consumer Experience team is the owner of Uber’s flagship Rider app, which helps customers Go Anywhere and Get Anything. We are redefining what it means to “Uber” by building a personalized and magical Super App for everyday life. We serve more than 100 million monthly users, helping them go from A to B seamlessly, discover new and delightful products, and choose Uber as their first-choice app for mobility and delivery needs. You will work on the most impactful customer-facing problems at Uber today and help shape the future of consumer products powered by the gig economy.
What You’ll Do
- Design and analyze large scale online experiments in the Rider app and interpret the results to draw actionable conclusions.
- Perform strategic deep dives to uncover opportunities for product and business growth, including user segmentation, personalization, ranking, and lifetime value forecasting.
- Refine ambiguous questions, define success metrics, and generate new hypotheses about the product through a deep understanding of the data, our customers, and our business.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Design, and other cross-functional partners to understand user behaviors to inform future product strategies.
- Present findings to senior management to inform business decisions.
- Ph.D., M.S., or Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields.
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience as a Data Scientist or equivalent.
- Experience in experimental design and analysis, exploratory data analysis and statistical analysis.
- Experience with dashboard/data visualization toolings.
- Ability to use Python to work efficiently at scale with large data sets.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Experience in algorithm prototyping and development.
- Experience working with funnel optimization, user segmentation, cohort analysis, and lifetime value forecasting.
- Ability to use Python/R for exploratory data analysis and modeling.
- Experience working at scale with large datasets.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and actionable manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $165,000 per year - $183,000 per year. For Seattle, WA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $165,000 per year - $183,000 per year. For Sunnyvale, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $165,000 per year - $183,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber’s bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.