Senior Data ScientistFull time
Be a part of our mission! As a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, it’s our responsibility to put the planet first. For us at Trane Technologies, sustainability is not just how we do business—it is our business. Do you dare to look at the world’s challenges and see impactful possibilities? Do you want to contribute to making a better future? If the answer is yes, we invite you to consider joining us in boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world. If this sounds exciting to you, read on to learn more about who we are and what we believe in: We uplift others – we believe in providing an opportunity for all and building a culture that is diverse, inclusive, and respectful. We lift each other up and care about the success and well-being of others. We make an impact – we believe that what we do has the potential to change the world. We succeed together by striving daily to create a lasting, positive impact on the planet. We thrive at work and at home – we are supported by meaningful benefits, compensation, learning and development solutions, and opportunities for rewarding careers. We are firmly committed to the well-being and safety of our people.
This position is eligible for a Hybrid work schedule (3 or more days on-site a week) and will be based out of our Davidson, NC location
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for leveraging advanced analytics and machine learning techniques to develop predictive models and algorithms that optimize HR processes and decision-making. They will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for AI implementation, enabling automation and efficiency in HR functions such as talent acquisition, performance management, and employee engagement. This role requires a deep understanding of HR data, statistical analysis, and the ability to translate complex insights into actionable recommendations for HR leaders.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement predictive models and algorithms using advanced analytics and machine learning techniques to optimize HR processes and decision-making.
- Extract, clean, and analyze large datasets to derive meaningful insights and identify patterns and trends related to HR metrics, talent management, and employee engagement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for AI implementation in HR functions
- Translate complex technical concepts into actionable recommendations for HR leaders and stakeholders, effectively communicating the value and impact of data-driven solutions.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in data science, machine learning, and AI technologies, continuously learning and adapting to drive innovation in HR analytics.
- Ensure data privacy and security by adhering to relevant regulations and best practices in data handling and analysis.
- Conduct regular evaluations and assessments of implemented models and algorithms to measure their effectiveness and make necessary improvements.
- Collaborate with IT, HR, and other analytics teams to ensure seamless integration and deployment of AI-enabled HR solutions.
What we expect of you:
- 3+ years of experience in data science or analytics roles, with a focus on analytics and machine learning.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, or SQL for data extraction, cleaning, and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to derive insights from large datasets.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in data science, computer science, statistics, or a related field (preferred)
Base Compensation Range is $111,450 to $148,050
Disclaimer: This base salary range is based on US national averages. Actual base pay could be a result of seniority, merit, geographic location where the work is performed
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.