Security Data ScientistFull time
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Are you passionate about using data science to tackle complex cloud security challenges? Join Snowflake as a Senior Data Scientist and be at the forefront of shaping the future of cloud security solutions. As a senior member of our security data science team, you will play a crucial role in safeguarding Snowflake’s cloud platform and ensuring the highest level of security for our customers’ data.
AS A SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL :
- Collaborate with security experts and cross-functional teams to identify and understand cloud security requirements. Work closely with the engineering teams to integrate data science solutions into Snowflake’s security infrastructure.
- Develop and implement advanced data analytics and machine learning models to detect and prevent security threats in the cloud environment.
- Analyze large amounts of messy data, work on data quality; design detection systems to proactively identify and respond to security incidents in real-time.
- Research and explore new data sources and technologies to enhance cloud security capabilities.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and best practices in cloud security and data science, and share knowledge with the team.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE :
- High levels of curiosity and eager enthusiasm for open-ended problems
- Experience and interest in problem formulation based on relatively abstract information
- 5+ years experience applying machine learning or statistical modeling on large-scale datasets
- Deep understanding of the basic classes of ML algorithms and their underlying assumptions
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following topics: Anomaly Detection, Clustering, Time-Series Analysis & Forecasting, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Uncertainty Quantification
- 5+ years experience writing production-quality, scalable code using Python
- Expert level knowledge working with libraries such as scikit-learn, pandas, etc., SQL and Airflow
- Familiarity with security frameworks, encryption techniques, and access control mechanisms in the cloud environment. Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work on complex security projects independently.
- Demonstrate keen senses of ownership, collaboration and mentorship
- Ability to articulate results and complex concepts to leadership
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $165,000 - $253,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?