Senior Data Scientist, PricingFull time
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
You will join a collaborative team of data scientists, analysts, engineers, product managers and designers who build pricing products for Airbnb hosts. Your core team will consist of data scientists within the Marketplace organization, who develop models, foundational tools, and insights to improve the Airbnb marketplace for guests and hosts.
The Difference You Will Make:
You will develop methods to measure the impact of pricing feature launches, both experimental and observational (using causal methods). Your most impactful work will involve (1) designing experimental and observational measurement plans, (2) measuring the impact of new pricing features, and (3) successfully surfacing insights with a strong and coherent data narrative to cross-functional partners, thus driving decision making for future pricing innovation.
A Typical Day:
- Developing a strong relationship with cross-functional partners in Product, Engineering and Analytics.
- Writing software (Python, SQL, R) to model, simulate and measure the impact of new pricing features.
- Creatively diving into data to understand the differential effects of pricing feature launches and turning that understanding into clear insights.
- Communicating learnings and insights to leaders and partners in a simple and lucid way
- 5+ years of experience with BS/masters degree, 2+ years of experience with PhD.
- Experience with experimentation and causal observational analysis.
- Strong coding skills in SQL and either Python or R.
- Ability to autonomously set a roadmap for business impact.
- Strong oral and written communication skills - an ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Work authorization (if applicable)
- Travel requirements (if applicable)
- Preferred unique skill-sets (eg: experience with certain technologies, systems or platforms, specific cross-functional expertise)
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We strive to also provide a disability inclusive application and interview process. If you are a candidate with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in order to submit an application, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, the role you’re applying for and the accommodation necessary to assist you with the recruiting process.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We’ll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.