Overview & Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the Senior Data Scientist is to apply experimentation, machine learning and visualization techniques to drive insights and help power data-driven decision making across all departments and levels of Pluto TV. For this senior-level individual contributor Data Scientist, it is anticipated that they would independently contribute meaningful analysis and drive complex Data Science-based full life cycle projects to completion.
- In this role, the incumbent must be able to extract data, model and optimize production algorithms across our platforms, and to query and manipulate data on an ad-hoc basis by using SQL, Python or R.
- Additionally, the Data Scientist must be flexible to quickly learn open source and big-data technologies such as Spark and the AWS/GCP ecosystems.
- Set up and measure nontrivial experiments and apply causal analysis methods.
- Take advantage of machine learning techniques sought at researching and implementing live cross-platform blueprints, model user behavior, and optimize marketing & programming initiatives.
- Design advanced data-visualization dashboards and presentations which facilitate distinctive views into our product and operations.
- Undergraduate degree (STEM strongly preferred)
- 2+ years working with data science toolkits in R, Python or Matlab (a combination of industry and academic experience might acceptable)
- Tried experience with unstructured data projects, preferably in the Media / Entertainment / Streaming industry
- Strong understanding of statistical and machine learning methodologies (experimentation, regression analysis, clustering, classification)
- Analytical, meticulous, and results-focused
- Experience writing SQL queries on structured and unstructured data sets
- Lucid communication skills with the ability to summarize complex results into digestible analysis
Experience working with big-data technology on Linux-based systems Graduate STEM degree or higher in a quantitative or technical field such as Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or Economics, Combinatorics, etc.
Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Hiring Salary Range: $124,000.00 - 170,500.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet. At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.