How would you like to bring your data science skills to drive critical product and business decisions and join one of the largest web experiences teams in the world? We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist with a passion for insight building and exploring new data and processes to join our team. At Microsoft we have access to vast data sets. Our goal is to connect perceptions, behavioral, and financial data to uncover unique insights that help drive decisions.
Our people are research professionals with a consultative approach who thrive on tackling significant business opportunities and influencing decision makers at all levels. We are intellectually curious, analytical, impact driven, persistent, and sharing their opinions and recommendations. We are passionate about developing ourselves, our careers, and our profession. And above all, we aspire and strive to have an open, inclusive, and transparent culture.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist that specializes and has a passion for developing data insights and guiding the product and business decisions through effective communication of those insights. You will contribute to and work alongside many talented colleagues on exciting data and analytics problems. Experience having worked with time-series data trends, impact and opportunity analysis as a main skill on your job is required in this role, as the intuition associated with such experiences can help provide impactful, timely insights.
The Search + Distribution (S +D) organization includes the product, engineering, and growth teams responsible for Microsoft Bing worldwide, as well as Microsoft Search in Bing for enterprise. Our mission is to delight users everywhere with the best search experience. We are focused on creating competitive and differentiated search quality experiences, which we do by applying highly advanced machine learning (ML) technologies such as large-scale deep learning models and by investing in more
- Hands on analysis on large volumes of telemetry data using various algorithms and tools including your own
- Drive data driven ideation to understand how Bing performs against competitors in the world of search as well as the new world of generative AI
- Communicate effectively and in a timely way insights to partner teams both internal Microsoft and external.
- Define and track key org level success metrics for impact and drive reliable process to track contribution from individual feature initiatives across the product lifecycle against set goals
- Influence your data analysis techniques, visualizations across teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 5+ years data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results)
- OR Master’s Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 3+ years data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results)
- OR Doctorate in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 1+ year(s) data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results)
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in technical experience in working with big data, modern data analysis techniques and/or tools with understanding of math/statistics fundamentals (e.g. A/B testing).
- Proficient communication skills to articulate insights and vision, story telling with data.
- Passion for data and experience in direct application in data driven business.
- Familiarity with search engines, online services and marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge on machine learning for data mining, clustering and predictive analysis is a plus.
- Proficiencies with common tools like Excel, PowerBI.
- Influencing and building partnerships with different perspectives.
Data Science IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay