Senior Data ScientistFull time
We are the Azure Customer Experience (CXP) team, and our vision is to transform Microsoft Cloud Customers into Azure Fans. As a part of the Cloud + Artificial Intelligence (C+AI) Engineering organization, we view excellent customer experience as a cornerstone to the success of Azure and the Microsoft Cloud.
The Azure CXP Product, Intelligence, Management, and Operations (PRIMO) organization is responsible for building great products to enable Customer Success at scale, focusing on Customer Troubleshooting, Diagnostics, Workload Resiliency, Service Health Experiences, and Azure Advisor within the Azure Portal. We also build, manage, and operate critical systems required for Microsoft Cloud operations at scale, across Incident Management & Response, Quality, and Customer Engagement & Observability. We are an international, diverse team of engineers, product management, technical program management, and data science professionals. We are known for consistently innovating and creating new solutions, utilizing the latest in AI technologies to solve complex problems. As a team, we are empathetic to our customers' needs and driven by data to improve and grow the success of our programs.
We’re looking for Senior Data Scientist to drive engineering and data science excellence, along with support executive data needs and reporting. We’re seeking someone that has a track record of delivering & managing production code, can provide mentorship and guidance to fellow team members earlier in their career, and is capable of delivering with clear communication and high-quality in a fast-paced business environment.
You’ll be joining a friendly and accomplished group of data scientists, all of whom are quite passionate about being learn-it-all’s and driving impact. The group collaborates very closely with other data science teams, engineering teams, and Product Management (PM) teams in order to deliver. We walk the walk when it comes to diversity and inclusion, making it a critical consideration in our operations, design, and execution.
If you have a passion for working closely with and delighting customers, are passionate about strategy, technology, and AI, and possess excellent analytical and communication skills, this role is perfect for you.
- Develop new AI/Machine Learning (ML) models to enable new capabilities & features for internal products/intelligence.
- Research, propose, and develop new metrics to enable insights for C+AI.
- Provide thought leadership using data science tools, and on our tooling itself.
- Collaborate closely with multiple Program Managers, Data Scientists, and Engineering organizations.
- Provide mentorship to earlier career team members.
Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 5+ years data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results)
- OR Master’s Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 3+ years data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results)
- OR Doctorate in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 1+ year(s) data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results)
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in more than one software development language, including, but not limited to, Python, SQL, Java/C# or Scala.
- 3+ years of industry experience in handling high volumes of structured and unstructured data to drive business impact.
- 3+ years of experience in Quantitative methods that include statistical modeling, machine learning, AI systems and optimization methods
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- 6+ years of industry experience in handling high volumes of structured and unstructured data
- PhD in quantitatively rigorous discipline focusing on machine learning, deep learning, high performance compute, reinforcement learning, or natural language processing.
- Ability to customize and modify existing methodologies/loss-functions/algorithms/systems in order to achieve the business-results while managing operational risk
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field.
- Publications in top-tier journals or conferences
- Full stack software development skills and familiarity with Microsoft tooling/ecosystem are a plus.
- Knowledge and experience working within cloud computing environments such as Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Data Science IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.
This job available in this locations: Atlanta, Georgia, United States, Redmond, Washington, United States.