Senior Data ScientistFull time
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind one of the World’s largest Cloud Infrastructures, responsible for powering all Microsoft online Products and Services as well as powering Microsoft’s “Cloud First” mission. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide, and we are looking for passionate, high-energy program managers to help achieve that mission.
If you want to have fundamental impact on how Microsoft’s Cloud is deployed and operated globally, be involved with one of the most strategically important teams at Microsoft, and have technical and business acumen, leadership, creativity, and out of the box thinking are some of the skills you bring to the table - this job is for you!
We are looking for an exceptional Sr. Data Scientist to collaborate with our data science and engineering team to build solutions that improve our Data Center delivery cycle time. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will partner with various teams to develop business requirements to standardize the business input and develop a long-term vision and partnering cross functionally.
- Deeply understand the Data Center delivery cycle and underlying information to support leadership and stakeholders make data-driven decisions and continuous process improvements.
- Apply statistical methods, causal inference, and machine learning to inform Data Center business decisions and optimize our process and systems.
- Advocate for our members and provide meaningful insights to internal teams (e.g., Scheduling) working to improve the business process and data reporting.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to increase the quality of data products and support interactions.
- Partner closely with cross functional stakeholders to build and deliver world-class support and data insights experiences.
- Compile comprehensive and accurate client-facing reports on a timely basis.
- Guide business leaders with confidence in your analytics and reporting to ensure smooth execution.
- Summarize and clearly communicate data analysis assumptions and results.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to take a vague problem statement, refine the scope of the analysis, and use the results to drive informed decisions.
- Support day-to-day operations with ad-hoc analysis.
Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 5+ years data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results)
OR Master’s Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 3+ years data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results)
OR Doctorate in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 1+ year(s) data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results)
OR equivalent experience.
The ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analytics, Mathematics, or related technical field AND 8+ years technical engineering experience with coding in languages including, but not limited to, SQL, PowerBI or Python.
- OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field AND 6+ years technical engineering experience with coding in languages including, but not limited to, SQL, Power BI or Python.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years' experience driving execution with hyper-scale cloud engineering groups.
- Proficient understanding of Network topology.
- Professional PM certification, ESi, PMP, PMI, Prince 2 or equivalent.
- Experience setting up, building and maintaining production data pipelines.
- Experience with Data Cleansing and Normalization.
- SQL database experience preferred.
- Data Architecture experience preferred.
- Experience starting large analytic projects and collaborating with teams across global and functions.
- Experience solving business problems and using mathematical techniques using available data.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, solve complex challenges, and operate in a fast-paced team environment.
Data Science IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.