What will you do
Johnson Controls, Inc. seeks a Senior Data Scientist at its facility located at 5757 N Greenbay Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53209.
How will you do :
- Responsible for designing wholistic business intelligence and analytic solutions, tools, and products.
- Act as a leader and critical thinker in their space & bring up knowledge of data science and analytics best practices and have experience working on complex, enterprise projects.
- Responsible for forefront solutioning, hands-on data discovery, and unify analytics across the organization. Put hands-on throughout the life cycle of a solution and engage with other teams, departments, and stakeholders.
- Expect to try new solutions and fail.
- Handle complex projects, utilize multiple tools and technologies to deliver quality products such as ad-hoc data discovery requests, dashboards and scorecards, forecasting models and automated solutions.
- Able to create their own visualizations using power BI, SSAS and SSRS, able to write sql/t-sql queries and familiarity with the informatica suite is an added advantage.
- The business intelligence team is focused on creating quality deliverables and provide a positive customer experience.
- Iterative in nature and believe communication is one key to success.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging corporate data to drive business solutions.
- Extract and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of sales effectiveness, productivity improvement, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Visualize large amounts of information effectively and creatively while having a deep understanding of the various sources and the relationships between the data sets.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new key progress indicators and visualize these in collaboration-friendly layouts to increase sales effectiveness.
- Develop custom data models, create predictions based on these models and design Power BI data flows and algorithms to apply these to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to improve and optimize customer experiences, sales orders and revenue generation, demand generation and other business outcomes.
- Utilize models and data from various sources in complex dashboards that present leading indicators and predictions on customer experiences, sales orders and revenue generation, demand generation and other business outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy. Telecommuting: 100%.
What we look for:
This position requires a Master’s, degree, or foreign equivalent, in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, or a related field. 2 Years of experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist or other occupation/position/job title involving Machine Learning, AI, and Modeling. Additionally, the applicant must have employment experience with:
- (1) Utilizing SQL, ML, PBI, Python, or AWS Sage maker;
- (2) Abacus.AI, R, PySpark, or Tableau;
- (3) AI/ML tools and technologies;
- (4) Data architectures and manipulating data sets;
- (5) Programming in object-oriented languages C# or Python.
*This position is eligible for benefits under the Johnson Controls, Inc. Employee Referral Program, which includes specific incentives for referring employees.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.