Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist in Janssen Business Technology located in Green Belt Dr, Toronto, Canada.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market - from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: https://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/ .
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Commercial Data Sciences & Data Management team within Janssen Pharmaceuticals Business Technology organization is looking for an extraordinary scientist who is passionate about crafting, developing, and fielding data science solutions that drive impact for patients and for Janssen. There are many ways to explore and analyze data, and this powers the excitement and passion of data scientists at Janssen as many business units are eager to use the data to build business value.
In this role you will be someone who stays on the cutting edge of artificial intelligence, data science and advanced analytics research through novel project execution and development of algorithms that influence decisions at various levels in the organization, including but not limited to omnichannel sales and marketing optimization, patient/payer analytics, commercial strategy, and relate commercially-focused model development. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing AI-type algorithms and the creativity to invent and customize when necessary. You will lead and deliver projects and develop solutions that in turn deliver insights. You will lead and work with matrixed teams across business and technology, and be part of a dynamic, accomplished organization that will support multiple therapeutic areas and commercial functions.
- Ph.D. with 2 years of experience, or M.S. with 5+ years of relevant pharma sales & marketing experience, in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Computational Biology, or a related discipline.
- Hands-on experience with Python or R, and SQL or Pyspark.
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning platforms/environments.
- Familiarity with large datasets, handling of healthcare relevant datasets (EMR/EHR, registry, insurance claims), and understanding of data analysis workflows.
- Experience delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining, and/or text mining.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate complex methods and results to diverse audiences.
- Experience with sales and marketing best practices, processes, and related technology.
- Experience working in pharmaceutical or biotech industry with strong knowledge of drug discovery and development.
- Proven track record of publishing relevant predictive modelling results and tools in peer-reviewed journals, conferences, and other scientific proceedings.
- Significant experience in the modeling of complex datasets in applied business and/or scientific application domains.
- Must have understanding and the ability to interpret ML, quantitative methods applied to real-world data.
- Ability to understand, shape, and measure the business value of solutions, while managing competing stakeholder priorities and ambiguity.
- Enthusiastic about building on and learning new methods and ways to use real-world data to change the practice of medicine.
- Experience implementing AI driven solutions:
- Building end-to-end LLM powered solutions that drive business value
- Evaluation, validation, and refinement of LLM frameworks (such as retrieval augmented generation) and generative AI applications
- Designing and scaling LLM pipelines with a cost management strategy
- Continual learning, prompting, and LLM fine tuning/PEFT
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS and/or Azure) and model deployment
- Leveraging both structured and unstructured data
- Familiarity with open-source and gated/paid model landscape
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.