Senior Data ScientistFull time
As the first Senior Data Scientist on the Data Team, you will help build a data-driven culture within Databricks by helping work on top priorities for the company. The Data team also functions as an in-house, production “customer” that dogfoods Databricks and drives the future direction of the products.
The impact you will have :
- Shape the direction of key data science areas critical to Engineering driven efficient growth - customer retention, scalable product offerings, and an efficient and effective in-product / support experience.
- Work closely with Engineering, Technical Operations and Product stakeholders to understand customer pain points, and effectiveness of the in-product and support experience. Your insights will be used directly to make data-informed decisions on investments and priorities for Engineering.
- Manage stakeholders for their focus area - gather changing requirements, define project OKRs and milestones, and communicate progress and results to a non-technical audience.
- Mentor and guide junior data scientists on the team by helping with project planning, technical decisions, and code and document review.
- Represent the data science discipline throughout the organization, having a powerful voice to make us more data-driven
- Represent Databricks at academic and industrial conferences & events.
What we look for:
- 10+ years of Data Science, Machine Learning, advanced analytics experience in high velocity, high-growth companies
- Extensive experience in applying Data Science / ML in production to build data-driven products for solving business problems
- Familiarity with applying data science to customer experience and customer facing operations - understanding customer and user behavior to measure experience, and outcomes (retention/churn, task completion, effort, etc.)
- Experience collaborating with and understanding the needs of stakeholders from a variety of business functions: Product, Engineering and Technical Operations
- Strong coding skills in general purpose languages like Scala or Python, and familiarity with software engineering principles around testing, code reviews and deployment
- Experience with distributed data processing systems like Spark, and proficiency in SQL
- Benefits allowance
- Employee’s Provident Fund
- Equity awards
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
- Paid Parental Leave