Senior Data ScientistFull time
About the role
The New Software Technologies team are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the team.
The successful candidate will be working on a range of projects, from identification to development of data features/products that enable our ambitious future roadmap. With access to a unique global IoT dataset, this is an opportunity to use and develop leading data techniques/tools in a truly innovative environment.
- Part of number data science projects/initiatives that form a roadmap exciting new data products and capabilities.
- Interrogate IoT datasets to gain insight into product usage that help inform future product features, specifications, strategy and decision making.
- Collaborate with team-members in code reviews and critical feedback sessions to continuously improve product delivery.
- Present findings and recommendations to senior stakeholders and wider project teams.
- Develop and implement supporting processes to enhance our data platform to be capable of meeting our ambitions.
- Collaborate and communicate with others to drive cross-team and cross-organisation initiatives forward. Work across disciplines to recommend the best solution for the problem at hand, including data science and non-data science solutions.
- Continually learn new data science skills, techniques and tools to maximise competitive advantage; participate in internal & external technology communities.
- Experience using statistical and forecasting techniques such as time series analysis, forecast modelling, regression analysis etc.
- Highly proficient in Python/R and SQL.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring and leading team-mates in statistics, machine learning & programming.
- Exceptional communication skills to all levels; ability to communicate complex findings in a simple manner.
- Experience in dealing with large databases(SQL) and scaling cloud compute.
- BSc or equivalent in statistics, applied mathematical or relevant scientific discipline. Need to be highly numerate with strong pattern recognition ability.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- On-site parking
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Free on-site hair salon
- On-site lifestyle Assist
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
- On-site gym and sports centre