Cox Automotive is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Valuations team in Atlanta, GA!
The Senior Data Scientist works independently on all phases of an analytics project. The scope of work includes the data analysis and preparation, model development, and the presentation of results and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Work independently on all phases of an analytics project, including formulation, research, development, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Assist with problem formulation and the selection of an appropriate methodology.
- Present findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Maintain an awareness of trends in the field; research and suggest new methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or related) and 4 years of work experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as master’s degree and 2 years of experience; a Ph. D. and up to 1 year of experience; or 16 years of experience in a related field.
- Expertise in one or more of the following:
- Generalized linear models, time series models, forecasting techniques, cluster analysis, and principal component analysis.
- Linear and mixed integer optimization, discrete event simulation, heuristic methods, and network flow analysis.
- Selecting, tuning, and implementing a variety of common supervised and unsupervised models, including decision trees, nearest neighbor models, and neural nets; and several standard ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, or similar.
- Hands on experience with a Statistical Programming Language, e.g., SAS, R.
- Fluency in Python programming language.
- Experience querying relational databases using SQL.
- Experience working with cloud technologies, Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Proven experience applying descriptive and predictive statistics and statistical inference to real-world problems.
- Ability to develop and maintain production-ready code.
- The ability to present findings clearly and concisely to team members and data science leadership.
- The ability and inclination to coach junior staff.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes to meet business requirements.
- Other duties as needed or required.
To be employed in this role, you’ll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
About Cox Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.