Our ever-evolving suite of Heath and Wellness products for iPhone and Watch are helping our users live more active, healthier lives. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same dedication to innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
AC Wellness Network LLC is a subsidiary of Apple Inc. and is the dedicated management services organization (MSO) for AC Wellness, a dedicated independent medical group that serves Apple Wellness Centers in Santa Clara Valley. Our mission is to deliver the world’s best healthcare experiences for Apple employees.
The team is looking for a Senior Data Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer for our DS & ML team. You will be working on machine learning models that support our Health projects at the intersection of medical care delivery and cutting-edge technologies such as LLMs. You’ll be delivering high quality ML into a live Production setting that will enable better health outcomes while working with a talented, diverse, and passionate team.
- 6+ years proven experience in a data science, machine learning, and model development and deployment.
- Superb communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in programming with Python, Pandas, SQL, and use of PyTorch.
- Experience with deep learning for NLP or a closely related field. Exposure to LLM training, fine-tuning, and optimization is preferred.
- Experience with LLM prompt engineering.
We need a versatile Data Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer to join our tight-knit team to deliver ML models that operate on human dialog content. Our org works in a dynamic environment that operates in a strongly privacy-focused, and rapidly-evolving domain. We’re looking for someone who prides themselves on having adaptable intelligence, a strong team spirit, and who delights in figuring out pragmatic solutions that will touch thousands of lives. The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Collaborate with other ML experts to deliver robust, workable solutions that can be delivered to customers.
- Be comfortable partnering with software engineers, data engineers, and other data scientists on Agile projects, in a setting of mutual respect.
- Engage a broad range of collaborators, some of whom are not technical but have deep skills in other domains.
- Reason deeply about LLM applications, communicate their work clearly to their colleagues, and to act as a mentor to others in solving ML problems, whether in terms of training methodology, model assessment, or prompt engineering.
We can offer a diverse, inclusive, encouraging environment that provides challenging and genuinely exciting work.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a Masters Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Alternatively, a comparable industry career in machine learning and analytics with a strong NLP focus.
- PhD with publications for top-tier conferences or journals preferred.
- Proven ability to train and debug deep learning systems: defining metrics and datasets, performing error analysis and training models in a modern ML framework.
- Familiarity with researching current ML literature and math including optimization methods and modeling techniques.
- Familiarity with AWS tools for machine learning, analytics, and data manipulation.
- Comfort with working in a dynamic environment where collaboration between teams is essential.
- A real passion for innovation and have a curiosity for seeing around corners.
Pay & Benefits
At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $170,700 and $256,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.