Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives. With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, and offices in Baltimore, MD, Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Abiomed is seeking a highly motivated Senior Data Scientist for our Strategic Intelligence & Data Analytics team, with experience in advanced data science and analytics techniques and methodologies to collaborate with internal stakeholders and advance the market and clinical analytics maturity across the enterprise. You will help us implement robust data analytics solutions and disseminating global actionable insights to stakeholders. Your work will enable team to advance Abiomed’s “patients first” culture and competitive position in the market, serve as the company’s analytic center of excellence, bringing expertise on strategic intelligence and data science.
The ideal candidate has proven experience data science and machine learning techniques. You must also be familiar with best software architecture and patterns, cloud patterns, emerging trends etc. You will collaborate with a team of dedicated data scientist, analysts, and cloud engineers to provide insights and analysis to enhance business decision making and streamline business processes through automation.
- Establish and implement a strategy for gathering/managing data requirements and disseminating global proactive analytics across Abiomed
- Partner with business stakeholders on projects to develop methodologies, reports and dashboards that provide business insight into leading indicators and provide recommendations that improve operations & enhance business decision making.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Clinical, Product owners and Market Analytics team through complex statistical models and quantitative analyses. Guides team on processes for selecting methods and techniques. Leads analyses and modeling when needed.
- Drive project milestones to completion. Build partnerships, define accountability, and lead the activities which operationalize key findings.
- Create reports and visualizations to fulfill requests from clinicians, researchers, and administrators using a variety of database and analytic technologies.
- Utilize business process re-engineering to automate and streamline processes, Develop tools, tests, and dashboard to enable implementation of insights. Supports testing, training, and development of new marketing initiatives.
- Recommend, design and operationalize predictive & prescriptive analytic solutions in conjunction with team members
- Ad-hoc analysis as required to aid management decision making and business planning
- Create and deliver impactful presentations for mid-level and senior-level audiences
- Model database needs based on project requirements and maintain data dictionaries and documentation associated with these data models.
- Formulate process for automated insights to management using advanced BI tools.
- BS in a quantitative discipline (statistics, data science, mathematics, engineering, bio statistics, medical research statistics, etc.), MS in quantitative field preferred
- 5-7+ years of work experience in data science, data analytics or related field.
- Experience with process automation and quality assurance.
- Experience with advanced analytics techniques and methodologies (e.g., regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, predictive modeling, statistical analysis, customer segmentation, multi-variate analysis, analysis of competing hypothesis, social network/link analysis, market analysis, data validation, threat and risk analysis, multi-source confidence and corroboration)
- Experience using statistical computer languages and BI tools (R, Python, SQL, Alteryx, Tableau etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience in cloud migration, data warehouse querying, structure, and wrangling, data structures and ETL processes preferred.
- Experience with and/or interest in the medical and biotech industry a plus
- Experience with Claims, EMR, EHR data is a plus
At Abiomed we reward results in competitive ways! This includes a rewarding patient first career, health and wellness benefits, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match. The base salary range for this role is 115k - 137k . This role is also eligible for a competitive bonus that is based off employee’s performance and can be accelerated based off results.