One Demand Data & Analytics (ODDA) is a Mars Wrigley program that harnesses the power of data and insights to solve some of the critical business-wide problems we face – unlocking quality growth and operational excellence. ODDA team is being built under Chief Growth officer organization and is led by Global VP Data Analytics & Insights.
Through ODDA, we deliver connected insights across the entire demand ecosystem. We empower our Associates with the right data, tools, and capabilities so they can take decisive action, maximizing value and making a meaningful impact on our consumers, our customers and our business.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics or related quantitative fields (statistics, Operations research, mathematics, econometrics etc.). Advanced degree will be preferred
- Experience in applied data science role or equivalent; ideally in CPG/Retail
- Experience working with big data platforms such as Hadoop ecosystem (Azure), including in-memory solutions (SAP HANA and Apache Spark)
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, D3, ggplot, to deliver output to the broader business community to improve decision making and productivity
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Extensive Stakeholder Management experience
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the business, work with key business stakeholders to understand their challenges and formulate business problems
- Ideate and build early perspectives on actionable insights to the problem and work with the decision science team to prove/ disprove the hypothesis, continuously iterating as new information and/or insights come to light
- Help the decision science team with business context and provide necessary feedback during the analysis phase to ensure the outcomes deliver insights that are needed by the business
- Have a strong understanding of the various statistical techniques, its application and translate the model outcomes into insights/ business terms
- Ability to lead complex analytical exercises/projects and which lead to actionable direction within the marketplace
- Skilled at building and managing relationships, including stakeholder management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- CPG and Retailer knowledge, including knowledge of, and experience using key external third-party data sources including, first-party data, and Associates surveys
- Leverage the Mars Digital Engine Framework to Find the problem using user centric approach (Design Thinking), Solve it using Advanced Analytics and Machine learning,
- Automate the solution to scale while delivering in an agile manner
- Enabling & Refining the operating model for one demand advanced analytics in partnership with global and in market stakeholders
- Collaborating with functional experts on an ongoing basis to ensure quality delivery for the global digital transformation program
- Applies strong expertise in AI through use of machine learning, data mining, and statistical models to design, prototype and build next generation AA engines and services
- Create repeatable, interpretable, dynamic and scalable models that are seamlessly incorporated into analytic data products
- Share your passion for Data Science with broader enterprise community; identify and develop long-term processes, frameworks, tools, methods and standards
- Collaborate, coach, and learn with a growing team of Data Scientists
- Stay connected with external sources of ideas through conferences and community engagements
- This is a global role and will require communication and solutioning with stakeholders across different time zones
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, BEN’S ORIGINAL® and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 130,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.