Firefly is the new family of creative generative AI models coming to Adobe products that offer a new way to conceptualize, build, and scale content. It’s a natural extension of the technology Adobe has produced over the past 40 years. At the core of Firefly are our commercially safe AI models trained on hundreds of millions of images owned or licensed by Adobe.
We are hiring for a critical role to own, design, create, and evolve the underlying data architecture to advise analytics, data science, and strategy of Firefly through its rapid growth!
Are you passionate about the intersection of AI and creativity, enabling data-driven decision-making, systems & design thinking, and thriving in a multifaceted and innovative environment? If yes, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
What you’ll do:
- Build and continuously optimize data architecture to address the evolving data needs of our rapidly growing business.
- Own the data mapping, business logic, transformations, and data quality.
- Continuously architect, build, and launch new data models (single source of truth) that enable intuitive analytics for the analytics team and broader data-driven community for Firefly.
- Design and implement data pipelines to ETL/ELT data from multiple sources into a central data warehouse/repository.
- Partner closely with data analysts, data scientists, data engineering, software engineering, and product teams across multiple products to anticipate the next steps in evolving data architecture.
- Write sophisticated and efficient code to transform raw data sources into easily accessible models by coding across several languages and tools such as SQL, Python, Spark, Databricks, Airflow, Azure, AWS, etc.
- Become the go-to person for data expertise in the broader Firefly Team and own data quality for the pipelines we create.
- Provide thought leadership to data analysts and the data-driven community by actively mentoring teammates in standard methodologies to self-serve using the most efficient code and techniques.
- Develop and implement data governance procedures to ensure data security, privacy, and compliance.
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence the product roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects.
- Design, architect and build data insight dashboards and visualizations.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- B.S. or M.Sc. or Ph.D. in an analytical field: statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics, physics, etc., or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of proficiency in Python and SQL.
- 3+ years of expertise with modern data science workflows on the cloud (Git, Jupyter, Python, AWS, Azure).
- Strong proficiency in querying and manipulating large datasets using SQL-like languages on the cloud (Databricks, Spark-SQL, Airflow).
- Experience with design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume data architectures, source of truth systems for different business areas, developing and maintaining in an agile environment.
- Strong fundamentals in statistics as well as demonstrated proficiencies in data visualizations.
- Ability to support multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong background in data warehousing, data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience crafting dashboards in Tableau or PowerBI.
- Expert in one or more data science tools such as Pandas, NumPy, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics.
- Experience with A/B testing and sampling methods.
- Experience building data processing machine learning models in a product environment.
- Familiarity with ML for propensity estimation and causal inference with observational data or experimental designs.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The U.S. pay range for this position is $140,200 – $261,400 annually. Pay within this range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process. At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
In addition, certain roles may be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of a new hire equity award.
Adobe is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Learn more.