Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Data is vital to advance clinical knowledge across a spectrum of medical and surgical fields. Are you ready to transform data discoveries into valuable information, which will empower tomorrow’s medicine?
Dr. Piotr Slomka, Ph.D. is looking for a Research Associate Data Scientist to join a diverse team!
The Slomka Laboratory focuses on developing innovative methods for fully automated analysis of nuclear cardiology data using novel algorithms and machine learning techniques, and on the development of integrated motion-corrected analysis of positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) angiography imaging.
The Research Associate Data Scientist participates in biomedical research projects using programming, data-mining, statistics, machine-learning, and visualization techniques to develop, evaluate, and/or apply algorithms and software for data analysis. Responsibilities for this role include querying databases, data processing, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, deploying production models, and communication of scientific findings via peer-reviewed publications and scientific conferences. The incumbent writes clean, performant, reusable code managed on GitHub to perform repeatable analyses and to train and deploy models to multiple environments.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with the development, evaluation, and/or application of computational and statistical methods including artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms and software for the analysis of biomedical data.
- Assists with the presentation and communication of scientific results through laboratory meetings, scientific conferences, and peer-reviewed publications.
- Creates database-to-deployment pipelines for models using the necessary programming languages (primarily Python, R, C++).
- Creates sustainable data science infrastructure and adheres to data analysis/machine learning standard processes.
- Performs exploratory data analysis to gauge the need for or appropriateness of advanced analytical methods.
- Works with senior or lead data scientists, research programmers, and principal investigators to identify areas where data science can best be applied to answer biomedical research questions.
- Tests and validates code to ensure robustness of data applications.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Participates in the development of innovative algorithms and analytical methods.
- Participates in the evaluation and interpretation of all analytical methods and results.
- Participates in the oral and written communication of scientific results including publications.
- Participates in analytical training activities for faculty, staff, and students.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Biomedical Imaging, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, or related field, required. Master’s degree in these fields is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Up to two (2) years of professional experience in healthcare industries working with electronic medical record/medical imaging data.
- Experience programming at an intermediate to advanced skill level with a high-level programming language such as Python, C++, or R.
- Experience in healthcare machine learning is preferred.
Working Environment Category: Lab Environment
Department: Home Dept - Noble
Base Pay:$78,400.00 - $133,100.00