As our Principal Data Scientist your main mission is to use the scientific method, math and statistics, specialized programming, advanced analytics, AI, and storytelling to uncover and explain the business insights buried in data. This will be accomplished by using data mining techniques, including pattern detection, graph analysis or statistical analysis – extracting knowledge from a dataset involving data management, data preprocessing, model and post-processing of found structure. As our principal data scientist, you are well versed in a wide array of analytical tools including artificial intelligence, machine learning, data mining, Bayesian regression, econometrics, and is aware of new and emerging methodologies. With your expertise, you will communicate, educate, and elevate the skills of the organization.
Join our dynamic, progressive team of IT professionals in an environment where you can learn, grow, and be an integral part of creating innovative technology solutions to help our business flourish. As a part of Kellanova, you are joining a leading company in global snacking, international cereal and noodles, plant-based foods and North American frozen breakfast, with iconic, world-class brands. Our focus on ED&I enables us to build a culture where all employees are inspired to share their passion, talents, ideas, and can bring their authentic selves to work. Become part of a team that works to better serve the needs of our diverse consumers by delivering winning ideas and innovations for brands like Cheez-Its, Pringles and Eggo.
A Taste of What You’ll Be Doing
- Direct Business Partnering - In this role, you will be working with multiple levels of the business and leadership to better enable analytics and data across the supply chain organization in multiple regions. By leveraging your experience, leadership skills, positive attitude as well as your understanding for cross-functional relationships you will help deliver practical analytical and data solutions within in a global environment. Lead the design, development, and deployment of data-driven predictive models to solve business problems using the most appropriate techniques in data mining, artificial intelligence/machine learning, and statistical modeling.
- Data Analysis Leadership - Diving into large, noisy, and complex real-world data to produce an innovative analysis of historical patterns in customer behaviors and product performance. Working closely with data warehouse architects and software developers to generate seamless business intelligence solutions for business partners. Piloting emerging “big data” technologies to help Kellanova understand how to exploit new methodologies, technologies, and tools. Driving toward deep visibility of the business, end-to-end through analytics and fact-based data disciplines. Advocating for and train the organization during deployment of analytic solutions. Establishing relationships with various data stakeholders and working with leadership to develop strategies for advanced analytics at Kellanova. In this role, you will be advising Executives on how data and predictive models (processes, practices, and technologies) playing a critical role in improving business management and optimization.
- Decision Support – Understanding and identifying what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes. Working with supply chain subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information. Evaluating the data sources on multiple criteria including cost. Working with, and advising, appropriate IT members to translate analytic prototypes into production. This role has one or more direct reports.
Your Recipe for Success
- Masters Degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Operations Research or related field and/or specialized training/certification and/or equivalent work experience.
- We are looking for a leader with significant experience leading direct reports.
- Do you have extensive related technical/business experience including experience in designing and developing data management processes and systems? This role is perfect for you!
- Do you have demonstrated experience and advanced skills in data analysis, modeling, data mining, and artificial intelligence/machine learning? Great, we’d love to put them to good use!
- Like working with technology? We need strong experience with analytical software and technology (such as Python, R, SAS, Databricks, Sagemaker, Tableau etc.)
- Strong ability to communicate with Supply Chain Executives to translate complex ideas and technical subjects into digestible messages with the proven ability to influence a variety of business partners.
- Effectively lead and collaborate with people within a project team.
- Do you have relevant Supply Chain, Manufacturing or CPG experience? Great, we’d love to put it to good use in IT.
After you apply, your application will be reviewed by a real recruiter – not a bot. This means it could take us a little while to get back with you so watch your inbox for updates. In the meantime, visit our How We Hire page to get insights into our hiring process and how to best prepare for a Kellanova interview.
If we can help you with a reasonable accommodation throughout the application or hiring process, please email USA.Recruitment@Kellanova.com.
Kellanova is a leading company in global snacking, international cereal and noodles, plant-based foods, and North America frozen breakfast, and a portfolio of iconic, world-class brands, including Pringles, Cheez-It, Pop-Tarts, Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats, MorningStar Farms, Incogmeato, Gardenburger, Nutri-Grain, RXBAR, and Eggo. We also steward a suite of beloved international cereal brands, including Kellogg’s, Frosties, Zucaritas, Special K, Krave, Miel Pops, Coco Pops, and Crunchy Nut, among others.
At Kellanova, we are committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (ED&I), uplifting each other and embracing our differences to achieve our common goals. Our focus on ED&I enables us to build a culture where all employees are inspired to share their passion, talents, ideas, and can bring their authentic selves to work. Learn more here.
We’re proud to offer industry competitive Total Health benefits (Physical, Financial, Emotional, and Social) that vary depending on region and type of role. Be sure to ask your recruiter for more information!
The Finer Print
Kellanova is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to provide an inclusive work environment, a seat for everyone at the table, and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding our efforts to advance Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, please visit our website here.