Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
A Brief Overview
Our Consumer Analytics team does a ton of personalized outreach and experimentation at impressive scale: >100M messages per year. These messages educate members on truly meaningful things like staying adherent to medications, avoiding admissions to hospitals, and improving overall health (not about getting people to click on ads!).
We do this through a combination of rules and ML models that identify who to target, an experimentation platform that we’ve built that allows complex journeys and test designs, and a combination of channels and vendors that deliver messages including SFMC. We do this hand in hand with our data engineering and marketing partners.
This role is part of a team that is tasked with making this platform and system more automated, more insightful, and faster. Think things like building systems for more automated targeting, embedding our experimentation platform with methods of measuring interventions automatically and optimizing across variants automatically, and building methods of orchestration that automatically optimize for ROI. The Principal Data Scientist role will serve as a technical mentor, someone to guide our technical strategy, and a builder.
What you will do
- Develop an understanding of how interventions work and are measured at CVS
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists and data engineers to collaborative build a vision and do development work for the platform.
- Collaborate with other data science users of the platform to ensure that what we are building helps
- Rapidly iterate through solutions to figure out what works best
The ideal candidate
- Wants to do something that is innovative from a data science perspective and provides tangible real-world impact
- Has experience both creating campaigns/interventions and working through or better yet building platforms to deliver them
- Is okay with ambiguity and can creatively build solutions that solve problems, even if those problems are not expressed in formal ways like BRDs
- Has experience being a data scientist and developing software
- Loves innovating and working on small teams that get stuff done and have a lot of autonomy
For this role you will need Minimum Requirements
- Mastery of problem solving and decision-making skills
- Mastery of collaboration and teamwork
- Mastery of growth mindset (agility and developing yourself and others) skills
- Mastery of execution and delivery (planning, delivering, and supporting) skills
- 10+ years work experience
Programming/Technical skills required
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing (Google Cloud, AWS, etc.)
- Strong theoretical and hands-on experience with statistics and machine learning
- Strong understanding of version control (i.e. git)
- Experience with experiment design (AB testing, randomized-controlled trials, factorial design, etc)
- Experience with methods for optimizing experiments such CUPED, multi-arm bandit, causal ML, Bayesian methods
Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline.
The typical pay range for this role is: $140,000.00 – $280,000.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above. This position also includes an award target in the company’s equity award program.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health colleagues can initiate a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through myHR (1-888-694-7287, or through myLeave at myHR). If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.