Principal Data ScientistFull time
Extracts knowledge and insights from data in order to investigate complex business problems through a range of data preparation, modeling, analysis and/or visualization techniques, including predictive analysis, business intelligence, pattern recognition, operational effectiveness and/or economic forecasting. Key skills include data analysis techniques (e.g., A/B testing, association rule learning, cluster analysis, pattern recognition and predictive modeling), and a combination of technical experience and subject matter expertise, have a strong knowledge of the healthcare system, and utilize an analytic approach to developing innovative new products and solutions.
What you will do
- Coordinates advanced data science projects and develops deliverables, taking ownership of assigned tasks and ensuring their successful completion.
- Drives data science strategies and methodologies for specific projects, applying domain knowledge and expertise to drive impactful outcomes.
- Develop complex algorithms and statistical predictive models.
- Applies advanced knowledge of data governance policies and procedures to ensure compliance, privacy, and ethical use of healthcare data.
- Work alongside the data engineering team to assess data quality, clean and organize data, optimize data flow and organization of code, productionize and scale models.
- Extract qualitative and quantitative relationships (i.e., patterns, trends) from large amounts of data using statistical and data mining tools.
- Develop an advanced understanding of the current forecasting system, stakeholders, work products, and identify opportunities for enhancements and support of new initiatives.
- Create a new system to measure the forecast accuracy of current systems.
- Masters industry trends and emerging technologies, continuously enhancing skills and knowledge to contribute effectively as an independent contributor in the field of data science.
- 10+ years work experience
- Mastery of problem solving and decision making skills
- Mastery of collaboration and teamwork
- Mastery of growth mindset (agility and developing yourself and others) skills
- Mastery of execution and delivery (planning, delivering, and supporting) skills
- Mastery of business intelligence
- Familiarity with distributed data and cloud platform computing environments such as Microsoft Azure and GCP
- Experience with time series forecasting and causal modeling techniques
- Advanced knowledge level for SQL
- 5+ years of experience applying modern machine learning techniques to build predictive models for both classification and regression problems using python libraries such as scikit-learn, ml-lib, xgboost, keras etc
- Knowledge of full model development life cycle including EDA, feature engineering, data visualization, model development and deployment, forecast accuracy, model monitoring, model drift
Experience with Databricks, DataRobot, or other modeling platform tools Experience with pharmaceutical or other healthcare domain with large administrative claims datasets including their associated code sets, terminologies, and ontologies Knowledge of product demand forecasting issues and methods including hierarchical modeling, new customers etc Familiarity with Agile concepts and usage of Rally Experience working in a matrix environment with multiple collaborating teams and business partners Knowledge of Github, containers, databases
- Master’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, Statistics, Health Policy, or other related field
- Preferred: PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Math, Operation Research, Statistics, Health Policy, or related field
The typical pay range for this role is: $140,000.00 – $280,000.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above. This position also includes an award target in the company’s equity award program.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through ColleagueRelations@CVSHealth.com If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.