Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Our People Data team is comprised of people with backgrounds in analytics, data management, data governance, and data insights. We implement solid data management practices to deliver reliable and trusted data.
We’re hiring a People Data Management Lead reporting to the Head of People Data Strategy & Governance. You are a Data Management professional with a background in People data, Data Management, Data Governance, Analytics, Data Quality, and Business Intelligence. Here, you’ll support several data efforts to enhance our trust in People Data by working with stakeholders to improve our data processes for faster insights.
What you’ll do
- Collect and gather People data from multiple sources, ensuring accuracy, consistency, and completeness.
- Establish automated data acquisition processes.
- Implement rigorous quality checks, validation procedures, and cleansing techniques to ensure high-standards.
- Consolidate and integrate data into a centralized repository or warehouse. Preprocess and cleanse data to make it suitable for analysis.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to produce reports that provide actionable insights.
- Support governance policies and standards while ensuring accountability for access and security of the data domain.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Business Analytics, Human Resources, or a related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in data management and data quality assurance, with a focus on HR and People data.
- Proficiency in data integration, transformation, and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes.
- Strong knowledge of data visualization and reporting tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI).
- Strong knowledge in SQL, Python, and R.
- Familiar with DQ tools such as Ataccama, Anomolo, Calibra, Informatica DQ is a plus
- Familiarity with HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) and HR processes.
- Strong project management skills is a plus
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate’s skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $173,600 - $231,500
Zone B: $156,300 - $208,300
Zone C: $144,100 - $192,100
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.