Officer Data SciencesFull time
The Spec Analytics Intmd Analyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the sub function/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams.
- Incumbents work with large and complex data sets (both internal and external data) to evaluate, recommend, and support the implementation of business strategies
- Identifies and compiles data sets using a variety of tools (e.g. SQL, Access) to help predict, improve, and measure the success of key business to business outcomes
- Responsible for documenting data requirements, data collection / processing / cleaning, and exploratory data analysis; which may include utilizing statistical models / algorithms and data visualization techniques
- Incumbents in this role may often be referred to as Data Scientists
- Specialization in marketing, risk, digital and AML fields possible
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Must have - Foundations in NLP – Tokenization, Word Embeddings, NLP Data Engineering, Text classification, Named Entity Recognition, POS tagging (Experience with NLTK/Spacy/Gensim)=
- Must have – Really good python programming skills and developing models in Python based platforms. Having product sense while developing the codes.
- Must have – Data Visualization skills in Python (Plotly/Bokeh/Matplot lib)
- Must have – Foundations in Statistics and Machine learning models (random Forest/SVM/XGBoost etc.)
- Good to have – Transformers and Attention based Models foundational knowledge (BERT/Hugging Face)
- Great to have - Developing Apps in python framework (Flask/Streamlit)
- 6+ years relevant experience
- Have the ability to retrieve and manipulation data
- Possess analytic ability and problem solving skills
- Working experience in a quantitative field
- Willing to learn and can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be organized, detail oriented, flexible and adaptive to matrix work environment
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-function leaders
Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting