ML Researcher - Data ScientistFull time
As a Barclays ML Researcher Data Scientist, you will be a Machine Learning (ML) domain-expert of the team, developing and deploying Generative AI tools for the bank. This is an exciting role to discover, advise and implement different models, technologies and solutions to ensure that our products are performant, scalable and reliable. This will involve, working with architects and engineers of all levels in multiple teams across the bank, as well as security and infrastructure teams, driving meaningful creativity of Barclays Technology.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business
What will you be doing?
- Contributing to the hands-on development of Generative AI applications
- Working in a cross-functional team of engineers and developers to develop and deploy Generative AI products within the bank
- Researching the latest technologies and models in the Generative AI space to inform technical design and architecture of enterprise-ready Generative AI products
- Optimising the performance, reliability, and scalability of Generative AI through the implementation of state-of-the-art techniques
- Liaising with users to help onboard them onto platforms as required
- Maintaining excellent documentation for any applications and platforms
What we’re looking for:
- Proficient in Python, SQL and Spark
- Solid experience with AI/ML tools e.g., TensorFlow, Pytorch, SciKit Learn
- Experience in developing models
- Experience with NLP, and GenAI Frameworks e.g. Vectorisation, LangChain, Rag
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Bachelor’s in Data Science, STEM or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Masters in AI/ML or related field
- Experience with Java/Scala
- Experience working on Cloud environments (AWS and Azure)
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.