Marketing Science ManagerFull time
What you’ll be doing…
We are seeking an experienced data scientist with a passion for solving complex marketing challenges by leveraging unstructured problem-solving skills, as well as strong analytical and communication skills. The successful candidate in this position is a self-starter with the ability to think outside the box, develop creative solutions, and perform well under tight timelines. This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced, agile-pod environment requiring the ideal candidate to perform exceptionally as a team member, and as an individual contributor.
In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for leading and managing the analytics for the Total by Verizon brand within an agile churn pod environment, and for providing actionable insights into all aspects of the business to drive value, growth, and revenue. The role involves analyzing transactional data to understand consumer behavior, uncover insights, influence marketing ideas, and understand effectiveness of marketing campaigns. The successful candidate will possess strong analytical skills, be familiar with statistical analysis tools, enjoy working closely with others in a team environment, and have experience in synthesizing and presenting complex data to stakeholders.
- Providing invaluable insight around how our marketing programs perform across all channels.
- Mining existing customer data to understand the activity that drives business results. Using that information to help the churn pod team (1) optimize existing channels, campaigns, and promotions; and (2) identify and evaluate new growth opportunities.
- Helping develop predictive models such as ideal channel mix, propensity to buy, next best action, and customer lifetime value, then assisting teams to drive roadmap priorities.
- Designing, monitoring, analyzing, and creating reporting for A/B experiments.
- Performing and regularly monitoring cohort and conversion funnel analysis to identify key user behavior trends and optimize results.
- Communicating and presenting data and insights clearly, distilling complexity down to its essence. Having the ability to tell a compelling story with data.
- Gathering requirements and building data visualizations and interactive dashboards.
- Being a champion of evidence-based decision-making.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for…
You are curious about data that identifies trends behind what people need and want. You enjoy digging through data for insight into opportunities for how we can achieve our KPIs.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel approximately up to 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science.
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases. Strong working knowledge of SAS, R, and/or Python.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau.
- Knowledge of industry best practices with respect to marketing measurement, data-mining, experimental design, and other statistical techniques.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, macros and v-lookups.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to think critically about problems through multiple perspectives and assert demonstrable hypotheses.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and juggle multiple and competing priorities.
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills. Exceptional time management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual presentation skills.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, delivering flawless execution.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.