Marketing Data ScientistFull time
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, a related quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in quantitative analytics with a focus on marketing analytics, statistical modeling, machine learning, digital attribution, forecasting, or predictive analytics.
- Experience programming in Python or R.
- PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with analytic software tools and languages (e.g., SQL, R, TensorFlow, Python, SAS, SPLUS, and Eviews).
- Experience using/deploying digital analytics and measurement solutions, and with SQL and big data.
- Experience in the customer industry, including retail, financial services/retail banking, insurance, telecommunications, automotive, and Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG).
- Understanding of media (e.g., paid, owned and earned), and the statistical algorithms, typically used in Marketing Analytics.
About the job
gTech’s Professional Services team takes a creative, collaborative, and customer-centric approach to provide foundational services and forward-looking business solutions to top advertiser and publisher customers. Through technical implementation, optimization, and key solutions, gTech Professional Services helps customers attain their business goals while building long-term capabilities.
The Marketing Data Science team helps measure and optimize marketing Return on Investment for Google’s clients. As a Marketing Data Scientist, you will help build bespoke models that address client’s key business questions. You will work among statisticians, economists, engineers, and former consultants with an experience in Data Science, Machine Learning, and Marketing Analytics. You will learn the innovative technologies that drive Google products and bring those innovations to reality in the context of a specific client engagements.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
- Lead analytics aspects of client engagements in the area of marketing effectiveness, YouTube adoption, personalization, and privacy.
- Work with large, complex data sets, solve analysis problems, apply problem-solving methods such as statistical and machine learning models as needed. Conduct analysis that includes problem formulation, data gathering, and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Work with the client and internal teams to translate data and model results into tactical and strategic insights that are complete, accurate, and applicable to decision making and needs for varying client audiences.
- Collaborate with technical teams to increase and optimize capabilities, employing methods which create opportunities to scale.
- Design and analyze controlled experiments or counterfactual causal inference studies to examine the incremental impact of Google media.