Lead Data ScientistFull time
What you’ll be doing…
As part of the Verizon Consumer Group Enablement team, you will create Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning roadmaps for our Consumer Marketing partners. You will implement and deliver Artificial Intelligence and Data use cases in collaboration with business and Global Technology teams. You will act as a catalyst between our organization and the business team, leading data science projects that promote growth and retention. You will use data to shape strategy and solutions. You’ll analyze internal and external data to help identify and quantify the potential of new products, forecast sales, and provide decision support through the life of the product. You will be working with multiple stakeholders and balancing their needs to shape the direction of our new offerings and enable the product team to bring the best new products to market.
As a senior member of the team, you will build connectivity and communities of interest, delivering AI solutions with a focus on generating customer intelligence and automation of the insight generation. You will work collaboratively with analytics specialists and decision scientists to deliver value, as well as strengthening relationships with business.
- Acting as thought leader and partner with your business team to shape, prioritize and deliver our strategy for the business unit across data governance, data architecture and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning.
- Partnering with business and AI&D teams to ensure our organization’s strategy is aligned and supportive of wider business unit strategic goals.
- Designing, developing, implementing, and overseeing high-end analytical, technology processes and solutions with a focus on leveraging advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence methods.
- Building analytical solutions and models by manipulating large data sets and integrating diverse data sources.
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and develop reproducible analytical approaches to meet business requirements.
- Performing exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
- Applying machine learning and statistical techniques to large data sets to find actionable insights.
- Using complex algorithms to develop systems & applications that deliver business functions or architectural components.
- Evaluating and testing various alternative approaches and recommend the path forward.
- Presenting results and recommendations to senior management and business users.
- Communicating the business value of analytical insights & technical solutions.
- Acting as a Mentor to members on the team.
What we’re looking for…
You are a master at analyzing big data. You have a knack for understanding and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people can understand. People trust you based upon your thoughtful and thorough analyses. You thrive in an environment where enormous volumes of data are generated at rapid speed. You’re strategic in your approach and a creative thinker who likes to explore, and uncover the issues. You are decisive. You are great at influencing up, down, and across groups, and you take satisfaction in mentoring others. Communicating what you’ve uncovered in a way that can be easily understood by others is one of your strengths.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in applying statistical ideas and methods to data sets to answer business problems.
- Experience with Python and Spark to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience with GCP, BigQuery, BigQuery ML, Jupyter.
- Discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- The ability to package analysis in clear and concise reports and presentations
- Excellent communication skills.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or PHD in mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, computer science, or economics.
- Experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
- Experience using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- Experience in advanced machine learning algorithms – deep learning, boosting methods, time series etc.
- Ability to develop and maintain deep, trust-based business relationships.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
- This role is eligible to be considered for the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Where you’ll be working
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.