Biosense Webster, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Lead Clinical Data Scientist to support our Cardiovascular & Specialist Solutions Group (CSS). This position has a preferred location of Irvine, CA. Remote work options within the US may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company.
At Biosense Webster, Inc. we have one goal — to ensure those with cardiac arrhythmias can live the lives they want. This means transforming the latest advancements in electrophysiology into a suite of tools that empowers physicians with a range of treatments for the best outcomes.
Quality products and approaches are achievable only through collaboration with the smartest minds in electrophysiology. For more than 30 years, we’ve been the global market leader in the science and technology of cardiac arrhythmia treatment, working with thousands of electrophysiologists to identify and develop diagnostic and treatment tools. And through onsite training, online courses and our global education centers, we work together to set new standards every day. Learn more about Biosense Webster at www.biosensewebster.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
Are you ready to embark on an exhilarating journey at the forefront of data science and clinical research? We’re seeking an exceptional Lead Clinical Data Scientist to join our dynamic team and lead machine learning and data science efforts in support of clinical studies, publications and regulatory submissions. As a visionary data scientist, you will provide expertise and guidance on data science standards, processes, and technical topics. Join our passionate team of data scientists, where we push the boundaries of clinical research and leave a lasting impact on health care and medical devices. This is your chance to be part of a thrilling journey where improving patients’ lives and the pursuit of scientific excellence fuel every step we take.
- Conceive, develop, and implement AI/machine learning and advanced analytics approaches to develop novel solutions to high-priority scientific problems, focusing on the application of AI to clinical trials
- Shape internal/external collaborations to define the scope of research questions and deliver impactful solutions
- Clearly articulate highly technical methods and results to diverse audiences to drive decision-making
- Provide guidance on standards, processes, and technical direction related to data science within the biostatistics team.
- Interact with Biostatistics, Data Management/Engineering, Regulatory, and Clinical staff to define and clarify project requirements.
- Design and execute analysis plans independently for various phases of clinical studies, assuming a leadership role in creating the data science strategy.
- Review clinical study protocols and Case Report Forms (CRFs) for proposed studies with respect to data science and statistical methodology needs.
- Produce data science reports that may be incorporated into internal clinical reports or regulatory submissions.
- Contribute to peer-reviewed articles independently, in coordination with the lead author/physician.
- Review articles on topics relevant to specified products and provide reports concerning issues relating to data science.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of results to support trial reports and publications.
- Act as a data science consultant to the business units and external customers on data science issues.
- Interface with surgeons to assist in drafting peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Participate in vendor evaluation, selection, contracting, and oversight for statistical and programming deliverables.
- Assist Clinical Research with literature reviews and other activities.
- May assist in presenting information at professional meetings.
- May oversee the machine learning/statistical deliverables produced by lower-level data scientists or external consultants.
- May oversee production of presentation materials for presentations at professional meetings.
- Stay current with machine learning and statistical methodology in healthcare.
- A Master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field, with at least 4 years of experience performing machine learning and model building is required
- Or Ph.D in Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field with at least 2 years of experience performing machine learning and model building is required
- At least 4 years of hands-on technical data analysis and modeling experience is required.
- Experience with clinical data within the pharmaceutical, med tech or biotech industry is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated technical experience in building machine learning pipelines is required.
- Experience with neural networks and deep learning is required.
- Experience with traditional machine learning algorithms, including: random forest, SVM, boosting, regularization, etc. is preferred
- Thorough understanding of machine learning concepts such as training/testing/validation, cross-validation, loss functions, optimization, etc. is required.
- Experience leveraging data to drive scientific innovation is required.
- Strong publication record in high impact journals is preferred.
- Ability to assist in selecting and defining independent and dependent variables/features in the field of application is required.
- Experience with statistical hypothesis testing and inference is preferred.
- Experience making contributions to strategic planning is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficient in one or more of Python, R, Scala, or other data science languages is required.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis. The anticipated base pay range for this position is $102,000 to $163,300. Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits