In Verastar, we are creating an embryonic data science capability that will help us to understand our customer base and apply treatment in a way that will deliver significant commercial benefit. This role is accountable for build and implementation of multiple data science models that will turn raw data into actionable customer treatment, and in doing so, helping to facilitate some of the fundamental business objectives with Verastar. The purpose of the role is to design, build, test and implement a range of data science models which allow us to reduce churn, increase upsell, drive revenue and reduce cost to serve. This role is vital in developing our understanding of the Verastar customer base and how we optimise the management of it.
Responsibilities of the role
- Identification and collection of key data needed to fulfil the build of different data science models.
- Alignment of model delivery to key business metrics with quantifiable measurement of benefit derived from data science models.
- Analyse large volumes of data to identify key trends and patterns with help of machine learning techniques.
- Collaborate with data engineering team to build efficient and effective data pipelines to take data from source into the model build process.
- Demonstrate ability to create an iterative model creation process that drives improvement in model results through to optimisation.
- Creation of suite of data science models that show clear commercial benefit to Verastar.
- Improvement in key business metrics (acquisition, churn, retention, cross-sell, debt) driven by implementation of data science models.
- Ability to demonstrate the predictability accuracy of any given model in relation to the business issue we are trying to solve.
- Functional experience of building, testing, and implementing machine learning models.
- Functional experience of utilising machine learning techniques to solve questions/problems.
- Functional experience of using analytical techniques to solve questions/problems.
- Functional experience in use of python, machine learning and SQL.
- Working knowledge in data mining
- Understanding of machine learning and various data science model builds
- Strong technical skillset, both Python and SQL (Including various data science python libraries: pandas, numpy, scikitlearn etc.)
- Statistical experience and application in machine learning.
- Strong application of problem solving skills.
Nice to haves
- Experience in Natural Language Processing
- Experience using Databricks and pyspark/sparksql.
- Working understanding of using Large Language Models
- Working understanding of MLFlow
- Experience of using unstructured data to create key datasets.
Qualifications and other requirements
A-Level and/or degree in numerical discipline (Maths, Statistics, etc)
The important extras
- Hybrid working – option to work three days from home if you choose.
- Opportunities to get involved in charity fundraising and volunteering days through our giving back movement
- Amazing on-site facilities, such as free on-site gym, free parking, subsidised café and to top it off an on-site subsided bar for after-work drinks, quiz nights and social events
- Full time/Permanent contract of 37.5 hours per week
- No weekends and every bank holiday off
- Our newly refurbished HQ is based in the heart of Sale Moor Village next to Sale Water Park. We’re only a stone’s throw away from the M60 and just a short 5-minute walk from the Airport Metro Link line and Sale Town - Centre. We also have plenty of free on-site car parking as well as a bike locker if you choose to cycle in.
What happens next
Across The Verastar Group, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive team and celebrating our diversity. We want talented people with great skills and matching values to join our teams.
All successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
Verastar was established in 1998 and is one of the UK’s leading providers of essential services to small businesses. We supply a wide range of essential services – Fixed Lines, Broadband, Mobile, Water, Gas, Green Electricity and Insurance through our sister company The Insurance Octopus. Our goal is to simplify essential services for our customers by offering the widest range of products on the market. Not only have we experienced continued growth and strong financial performance as a result, we have been recognised by the following awards:
- The Lloyds Bank National Business Awards 2019
- Greater Manchester Business Awards 2019
- Lanarkshire Business Excellence Awards 2019