The Junior Data Scientist role is a unique employment opportunity for students seeking to gain on-the-job data science & analytics experience and receive excellent mentoring while completing their education. Jr. Data Scientists are immersed in an Amazon team and work on exciting, meaningful projects that impact real Amazon customers. Paired 1:1 with a Amazon Jr. Data Science Mentor, Jr. Data Scientists receive guidance and support in all aspects of their role: skill development, career advisement, project collaboration, and more! Upon successful completion of the Jr. Data Scientist Program, the opportunity for full-time employment will be available at the Amazon corporate sites in San Diego, CA.
The Junior Data Scientist role is part of the Jr Developer Program, a unique internship program in several respects: • We offer employment year-round, part-time (16 hrs/week) while in school and full-time (40hrs/week) during summer. Working schedules are flexible and can be re-arranged each quarter to accommodate class schedules. • We offer excellent mentoring. Our full-time data scientists, applied scientists and business intelligence engineers are willing and able to mentor exceptional student data scientists, applied scientists and BIEs. • Junior Data Scientists are given responsibilities and roles that prepare them to enter the workforce after graduation with “real world” data science and analytics experience.
Jrs. who participate in the Junior Developer Program routinely acknowledge the valuable learning experience created by the uniform excellence of their teams, mentoring offered by experienced Amazonians, and the challenge of being a principal contributor to science and software products.
Key job responsibilities
- Create pipelines for reports, analyze massive-scale data, leverage knowledge in machine learning, advanced analytics, metrics, reporting, and analytic tooling/languages like SQL, Excel, and others, to analyze and translate the data into meaningful insights; make sense of the results and be able to explain what it all means to key stakeholders like scientists, product managers, and engineers.
- Analyze large amounts of data, discover and solve real world problems and build metrics and business cases around key performance of this program.
- Use a customer backwards approach in deriving insights and identifying actions we can take to improve the customer experience and conversion for the program.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university Bachelor’s degree program.
- Majoring in Data Science, Computer Science, or a related STEM discipline.
- Graduation date falls between December 2024 and June 2026.
- Ability to work year-round: part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer.
- Living within commutable distance to San Diego, CA.
• Previous technical internship(s). • Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions. • Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $15/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $75.63/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.#