The Executive Director, Data Strategy, Science and Services, is a visionary leader integral to realizing OPH’s mission to harness the power of global, unified data to deeply understand individual health journeys. This role will drive the strategic application of data across various functions, including AI and ML, to improve health outcomes, enhance the utilization of suitable products and services, and drive efficiency. By employing a comprehensive data strategy, the Executive Director will enable the organization to engage the right stakeholder at the right time with the most effective intervention, resulting in improved outcomes and reduced costs. This position is central to promoting innovation and advancement within the organization and the broader healthcare/life sciences community.
Responsibilities for the Executive Director, Data Strategy and Management include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the strategic planning, development, and implementation of a unified global data strategy, encompassing AI and ML initiatives, data governance, and data management to achieve OPH’s mission and objectives.
- Serving as a key thought leader in data strategy, driving thought leadership and inspiring innovation within OPH and the broader healthcare/life sciences community.
- Working with and supporting a high-performing team of data professionals, including data scientists and AI/ML specialists, fostering a culture of innovation and continuous learning.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders across Otsuka organizations to optimize the use of data in enhancing health outcomes and driving efficiencies.
- Overseeing the design and application of data solutions, including AI/ML models, to tackle complex challenges in healthcare and life sciences, driving improved patient outcomes and product utilization.
- Representing OPH at industry forums, conferences, and events, articulating its data strategy and achievements and influencing future trends.
- Setting and tracking performance goals and project timelines in line with OPH’s mission and strategy.
- Keeping abreast of the latest industry trends, advancements, and best practices in data management, AI, ML, and healthcare/life sciences.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, Computer Science, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in a leadership role focused on data strategy, management, and governance in healthcare/life sciences, with a strong emphasis on AI and ML.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing data solutions, including AI/ML models, in a healthcare/life science setting.
- Proven ability to inspire, lead, and develop high-performing teams.
- Experience as a key thought leader, with a track record of speaking engagements and publications in the data and AI/ML field.
- Strong understanding of health and life sciences data structures, data modeling, and data governance.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex data-related concepts to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations and standards related to data usage and privacy.
· Advanced degree (Master’s or Ph.D.) in Data Science, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, or a related field. · Demonstrated experience with cloud-based data platforms and technologies in a healthcare/life sciences environment. · Extensive experience leading cross-functional teams in a healthcare/life science setting. · Professional certifications in data science, machine learning, or related fields. · Familiarity with electronic health record (EHR) systems and health information exchanges (HIEs).
Proven track record of driving innovation in the data space, including AI and ML, in the healthcare/life sciences sector.
- Accountability for Results - Stay focused on key strategic objectives, be accountable for high standards of performance, and take an active role in leading change.
- Strategic Thinking & Problem Solving - Make decisions considering the long-term impact to customers, patients, employees, and the business.
- Patient & Customer Centricity - Maintain an ongoing focus on the needs of our customers and/or key stakeholders.
- Impactful Communication - Communicate with logic, clarity, and respect. Influence at all levels to achieve the best results for Otsuka.
- Respectful Collaboration - Seek and value others’ perspectives and strive for diverse partnerships to enhance work toward common goals.
- Empowered Development - Play an active role in professional development as a business imperative.
Minimum $238,270.00 - Maximum $369,955.00, plus annual incentive: The range shown represents a typical pay range or starting salary for candidates hired to perform the work. Other elements may be used to determine actual salary such as the candidate’s job experience, specific skills, and comparison to internal incumbents currently in role. This information is provided to applicants in accordance with states and local laws. Company benefits: comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, company provided Basic Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) match, PTO allotment each calendar year, paid holidays, and paid leave programs as well as other company provided benefits.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, national origin, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation, if you are unable or limited in your ability to apply to this job opening as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Accommodation Request.